One of the most annoying things in gingerbread/android is how many clicks you need to get to settings such as wifi, brightness, bluetooth, etc. On honeycomb, it's not bad because it's always available from the button bar. Anyone know what ICS sandwich will do with this on a device like Nexus S where the button bar won't be shown? Will the notification bar give access?
    11-14-2011 10:29 AM
    One of the most annoying things in gingerbread/android is how many clicks you need to get to settings such as wifi, brightness, bluetooth, etc. On honeycomb, it's not bad because it's always available from the button bar. Anyone know what ICS sandwich will do with this on a device like Nexus S where the button bar won't be shown? Will the notification bar give access?
    Going to have to wait and see how its coded for the NS4G.....

Otherwise I'm sure CM7 and other ROMs will figure out a way a more direct way to access it... Plus you always have the Power Control Widget you can put on your homescreen or one of them anyways....
    11-14-2011 11:28 AM
    From what I've seen, stock ICS will not allow for that, but your problem is easily solved by using widgets.
    11-15-2011 09:15 PM
    From what I've seen, stock ICS will not allow for that, but your problem is easily solved by using widgets.
    Yup, I use battery widget.
    11-15-2011 10:41 PM
    except for the 4g.
    11-16-2011 01:53 PM
    There are 4g "widget" options, they aren't particularly elegant though.
    11-16-2011 04:08 PM
    I use a great app called Notification Toggle.. Lets you put pretty much anything on the notification bar- application shortcuts, settings, and other stuff..

Really easy to use. I'm pretty sure it works with ICS too.
    01-19-2012 06:07 AM
    I use a great app called Notification Toggle.. Lets you put pretty much anything on the notification bar- application shortcuts, settings, and other stuff..

I still think it should be built in to the OS, but thanks, that's a great app! I'll be using that a lot now. And with ICS, it should get even more useful as notifications will become widgets (within the notification bar) so it'll allow click-areas so each icon can be an individual button instead of just a popup activator.
    01-19-2012 09:17 AM
    I like widgetsoid because it looks stock..

From the best android phone PERIOD. Galaxy Nexus.
    01-19-2012 09:53 AM
    I agree, I find it very strange that google didn't put a notification power widget in ics.

But, the newest version of dooderbutt rom (v6) has it! This is an ics rom. Just my opinion, but it's also the best one out for ns4g

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    01-19-2012 12:55 PM

Hmmm, the 4G toggle doesn't work with the Sprint Nexus S 4G. It says to choose "CDMA + LTE/EVDO" but there's no such option and no matter which I choose, the 4G never turns on.
    01-19-2012 02:00 PM
    Extended Controls is also worth checking out for adding widgets to the notification area.
    01-19-2012 02:54 PM
    Hmmm, the 4G toggle doesn't work with the Sprint Nexus S 4G. It says to choose "CDMA + LTE/EVDO" but there's no such option and no matter which I choose, the 4G never turns on.
    Can't help ya there, I live an an area that has no 4G.
    01-19-2012 03:44 PM
    But, the newest version of dooderbutt rom (v6) has it! This is an ics rom.
    This!

I thought it was stock, truthfully. Props to Beezy (the dooderbutt dev).

-M
    01-19-2012 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD