12-13-2011 12:21 PM
110 1234 ...
tools
    Didn't get my update today oh well I will wait, so excited though
    What update are you waiting for? Because if it's the update I think you're waiting for then you're going to be waiting a while.
    11-28-2011 03:38 PM
    What update are you waiting for? Because if it's the update I think you're waiting for then you're going to be waiting a while.
    did you not read the title of this thread?
    I know I will be waiting for a while, I am not an ***** I am simply commenting on the fact that someone created a thread and said today and it OBVIOUSLY isn't gonna happen today
    11-28-2011 04:00 PM
    did you not read the title of this thread?
    I know I will be waiting for a while, I am not an ***** I am simply commenting on the fact that someone created a thread and said today and it OBVIOUSLY isn't gonna happen today
    I apparently wrongly assumed that everyone knew this date was bunked long ago and was wild speculation from the beginning.
    11-28-2011 04:12 PM
    I apparently wrongly assumed that everyone knew this date was bunked long ago and was wild speculation from the beginning.
    So... When's the rapture again?
    11-29-2011 11:06 AM
    I got quite a few app updates yesterday starting around 5pm, don't usually get that many in such a short period of time. I get the feeling we're really close to ICS, wouldn't surprise me if it happens within the next 24-72 hours. Just a hunch.
    11-29-2011 12:09 PM
    we will not get ICS until the galaxy nexus has been out on VZW.
    11-29-2011 01:49 PM
    I got quite a few app updates yesterday starting around 5pm, don't usually get that many in such a short period of time. I get the feeling we're really close to ICS, wouldn't surprise me if it happens within the next 24-72 hours. Just a hunch.
    I doubt it's because of a release for us.

More likely this:
    we will not get ICS until the galaxy nexus has been out on VZW.
    I keep hearing December 8 for them.

I still stand by first quarter next year. More likely mid- to late- February or after. Whatever it ends up being, there will be leaks galore in the weeks leading up to it. It won't just suddenly appear out of the blue for us.
    11-29-2011 02:08 PM
    That's not indicative of anything. I only received 1 app update yesterday, Google Maps.
    11-30-2011 08:13 AM
    You all need to remember that the Nexus One received Gingerbread before the Nexus S released. Just a thought..
    11-30-2011 05:59 PM
    You all need to remember that the Nexus One received Gingerbread before the Nexus S released. Just a thought..
    Are you sure about this?

The original GSM Nexus S was released on December 16, 2010.

The Nexus One OTA update to Gingerbread (2.3.3) started on February 23, 2011.

After that, Sprint's Nexus S 4G didn't become available until May 8, 2011.
    12-01-2011 11:36 AM
    Are you sure about this?

The original GSM Nexus S was released on December 16, 2010.

The Nexus One OTA update to Gingerbread (2.3.3) started on February 23, 2011.

After that, Sprint's Nexus S 4G didn't become available until May 8, 2011.
    The Galaxy Nexus was released in the UK on November 17th, 2011. If the schedule is the same as last year, we would be looking at a 2 month wait for the OTA. I believe the Nexus One Gingerbread OTA was delayed a bit because they wanted to release 2.3.3 and not 2.3. I would guess that at best we should have it around December 19th. At worst, January 18-23rd.
    12-01-2011 12:16 PM
    I've never seen so many wild guesses in one thread before..
    12-01-2011 03:41 PM
    I've never seen so many wild guesses in one thread before..
    Then you should of read the epic board before the ota's to froyo and gingerbread. Lol... Now that was a lot of guessing.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    12-01-2011 03:45 PM
    I hate google! I can't believe we didn't get ice cream sandwich on the 28th.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    12-01-2011 04:50 PM
    The latest from Engadget is that Best Buy receives Galaxy Nexus shipments on Dec 11. Actual sales date may be later. It is almost certain that NS4G won't get the ICS OTA before a few weeks of Verizon GN monopoly. With the holidays, my (pure) guess is that we won't get ICS OTA before Feb.
    12-01-2011 06:03 PM
    I can honestly say i wish google did their updates like apple...
    12-08-2011 11:12 PM
    I can honestly say i wish google did their updates like apple...
    ^Completely agree, this is near ridiculous
    12-09-2011 01:43 AM
    ^Completely agree, this is near ridiculous >
    What is?
    12-09-2011 01:52 AM
    ^Completely agree, this is near ridiculous >
    How is this near ridiculous?
    12-09-2011 01:53 AM
    How is this near ridiculous?
    Google should have their updates ready for their nexus line of phones day one. And source ready for manufacturers early or day one.

12-09-2011 03:29 AM
    Google should have their updates ready for their nexus line of phones day one. And source ready for manufacturers early or day one.

Source is ready. There isn't even an ICS phone released in the US yet. Relax. You sound like one of the people complaining the GN isn't out yet and that it was promised in November, which it never was.
    12-09-2011 05:30 AM
    Source is ready. There isn't even an ICS phone released in the US yet. Relax. You sound like one of the people complaining the GN isn't out yet and that it was promised in November, which it never was.
    You really don't see a problem with the Nexus S not having the update when they announced ICS?

I see major problems with that. It lets me know Google doesn't have its priorities straight.

I'm not leaving Android any time soon. But Apple really have the whole update thing for their phones down pact.

12-09-2011 02:55 PM
    You really don't see a problem with the Nexus S not having the update when they announced ICS?

I see major problems with that. It lets me know Google doesn't have its priorities straight.

I'm not leaving Android any time soon. But Apple really have the whole update thing for their phones down pact.

So wait, Google is only supposed to announce the day its actually coming out? Are you kidding? Maybe you should switch to the iPhone. Apple is the only company I know of that unveils right before things come out. Google's priorities are fine. ICS isn't even out yet. Just because they announced it doesn't mean anything. If it takes till February, then you can complain, but they said around the end of the year. I'm sure that may have been pushed back with the GN delay. If you're that impatient, flash one of the many ICS ROMs out there. You do have a Nexus for Christs sake, that's kinda the point of it.
    12-09-2011 03:16 PM
    So wait, Google is only supposed to announce the day its actually coming out? Are you kidding? Maybe you should switch to the iPhone. Apple is the only company I know of that unveils right before things come out. Google's priorities are fine. ICS isn't even out yet. Just because they announced it doesn't mean anything. If it takes till February, then you can complain, but they said around the end of the year. I'm sure that may have been pushed back with the GN delay. If you're that impatient, flash one of the many ICS ROMs out there. You do have a Nexus for Christs sake, that's kinda the point of it.
    Smh... It's not good to be a fanboy. Really clouds your mind.

If Google is really serious about having Android being bigger than the iPhone then they will want to deliver instantly.

Google is always coming out with terrific products but support for them are usually late and by the time they release are always past due. Google seems to lack control. They can't get wallet on certain devices. They can't get verizon to release their flagship device in a timely manner. They still have carrier exclusives in America. And they can't get ICS on the Nexus S when announced. You would think a power company like Google could have some balls and put their foot down. And don't say anything about the open source crap. This isn't about that. This is about the Nexus devices.

Like I said. Google's priorities are messed up.

12-09-2011 06:51 PM
    Smh... It's not good to be a fanboy. Really clouds your mind.

If Google is really serious about having Android being bigger than the iPhone then they will want to deliver instantly.

Google is always coming out with terrific products but support for them are usually late and by the time they release are always past due. Google seems to lack control. They can't get wallet on certain devices. They can't get verizon to release their flagship device in a timely manner. They still have carrier exclusives in America. And they can't get ICS on the Nexus S when announced. You would think a power company like Google could have some balls and put their foot down. And don't say anything about the open source crap. This isn't about that. This is about the Nexus devices.

Like I said. Google's priorities are messed up.

Its not good to be a troll...really clouds your mind.

Android IS bigger than the iPhone. Look at the stats.

By the time Google release things they are past due? Ask iPhone people how multi-tasking and notifications were working out all those years while we had it. Google is doing just fine, again, the numbers prove it.

They never announced a date for an official release. Seriously, relax. Idk why you're all bent out of shape about something that was just shown a month and a half ago and isn't on any US phones yet. Maybe Microsoft should have released Windows 8 last year when they first showed it off.

Again, if you think Apples way is so great, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Try to be a bit more patient than a 5 year old, or flash an ICS ROM. I regimens AOSP's, its running excellent.
    12-09-2011 07:08 PM
110 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD