We should get ICS on November 28

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Earlier, Mathias Duarte said we'd get ICS on our Nexus S 2 weeks after it came out. The source code dropped on Nov. 14, so we should get it Nov. 28. (Although, I'm not holding my breath)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Only time will tell.... I'm sure Google is just as interested in getting ICS out to us as we are... We will be the " beta " testers sorta speak before ICS rolls out to the newer devices, dual cores and UI overlays like TW or Sense... So I'm sure they want it in our hands for general feedback and bug findings as soon as they can get it to us.

jimijames

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I think Verizon is going to screw everything up... doesn't look like they are in a hurry to release the Nexus and I don't think Google will push ICS to older devices until all flavors of the Nexus prime (or whatever) are in the wild.

Reactions: LNWJ

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Well, the nexus one got 2.3.x gingerbread before the nexus s was available globally and on all carriers. So, we'll see. Guess work only goes so far.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

jimijames

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, the nexus one got 2.3.x gingerbread before the nexus s was available globally and on all carriers. So, we'll see. Guess work only goes so far.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Hmmm, I did not know that, I was all webos back then :)

ICS is primarily why I jumped off the webos bandwagon, but honestly GB isn't all that bad... I don't know why I waited so long. Anyway, I'll just patiently wait with fingers and toes crossed.

DeathsArrow

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I could see ICS hitting the International version of the Nexus S by the end of the month, but I don't see Sprint approving the update for our phones that quickly.

frettfreak

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I think Verizon is going to screw everything up... doesn't look like they are in a hurry to release the Nexus and I don't think Google will push ICS to older devices until all flavors of the Nexus prime (or whatever) are in the wild.

was gonna chime in with this as well....

Another thing that we should be leary of is its not just google pushing the update.. we have to have sprints blessing (which i think is garbage for a "pure google" phone)... so.. let just hope we get it before 1-1-12!

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Sprint only has to get two apps working on our phones and whatever associated binaries there are, before they could release an already built for Nexus S ICS update to us.

And if I am not confused, Google will take care of the binaries.

frettfreak

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Sprint only has to get two apps working on our phones and whatever associated binaries there are, before they could release an already built for Nexus S ICS update to us.

And if I am not confused, Google will take care of the binaries.

Sounds like you know what ur talking about... i wouldn't argue. That would be awesome!

Just out of curiosity, what 2 apps does sprint need to get working?

jimijames

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I would hope that Sprint and all the other carriers would be given early access to ICS so they could test and verify. Again, only time will tell :)

lightyear420

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm putting my money on xda having a working wimax before sprint once we get a full release for nexus s lol It seems we should be able to use the gingerbread wimax settings files over again as long as the drivers needed are there, and don't we have those from gb already, as well?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay