We should get ICS on November 28

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
was gonna chime in with this as well....

Another thing that we should be leary of is its not just google pushing the update.. we have to have sprints blessing (which i think is garbage for a "pure google" phone)... so.. let just hope we get it before 1-1-12!

Since when do you need Sprints blessing? When marketing the phone Sprint acknowledged this was a pure Google phone so all updates will be handled by Google.

blu8503

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
What update are you waiting for? Because if it's the update I think you're waiting for then you're going to be waiting a while.
did you not read the title of this thread?
I know I will be waiting for a while, I am not an idiot I am simply commenting on the fact that someone created a thread and said today and it OBVIOUSLY isn't gonna happen today

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
did you not read the title of this thread?
I know I will be waiting for a while, I am not an idiot I am simply commenting on the fact that someone created a thread and said today and it OBVIOUSLY isn't gonna happen today
I apparently wrongly assumed that everyone knew this date was bunked long ago and was wild speculation from the beginning.

cheeks1958

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I got quite a few app updates yesterday starting around 5pm, don't usually get that many in such a short period of time. I get the feeling we're really close to ICS, wouldn't surprise me if it happens within the next 24-72 hours. Just a hunch.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I got quite a few app updates yesterday starting around 5pm, don't usually get that many in such a short period of time. I get the feeling we're really close to ICS, wouldn't surprise me if it happens within the next 24-72 hours. Just a hunch.

I doubt it's because of a release for us.

More likely this:
we will not get ICS until the galaxy nexus has been out on VZW.

I keep hearing December 8 for them.

I still stand by first quarter next year. More likely mid- to late- February or after. Whatever it ends up being, there will be leaks galore in the weeks leading up to it. It won't just suddenly appear out of the blue for us.

DeathsArrow

May 16, 2010
Visit site

That's not indicative of anything. I only received 1 app update yesterday, Google Maps.

wstevens

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
You all need to remember that the Nexus One received Gingerbread before the Nexus S released. Just a thought..

Are you sure about this?

The original GSM Nexus S was released on December 16, 2010.

The Nexus One OTA update to Gingerbread (2.3.3) started on February 23, 2011.

After that, Sprint's Nexus S 4G didn't become available until May 8, 2011.

wstevens

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure about this?

The original GSM Nexus S was released on December 16, 2010.

The Nexus One OTA update to Gingerbread (2.3.3) started on February 23, 2011.

After that, Sprint's Nexus S 4G didn't become available until May 8, 2011.

The Galaxy Nexus was released in the UK on November 17th, 2011. If the schedule is the same as last year, we would be looking at a 2 month wait for the OTA. I believe the Nexus One Gingerbread OTA was delayed a bit because they wanted to release 2.3.3 and not 2.3. I would guess that at best we should have it around December 19th. At worst, January 18-23rd.

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I hate google! I can't believe we didn't get ice cream sandwich on the 28th.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

betachains

May 7, 2011
Visit site
The latest from Engadget is that Best Buy receives Galaxy Nexus shipments on Dec 11. Actual sales date may be later. It is almost certain that NS4G won't get the ICS OTA before a few weeks of Verizon GN monopoly. With the holidays, my (pure) guess is that we won't get ICS OTA before Feb.

Last edited: