ICS RAM Footprint

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
will ics have a larger ram footprint? i wonder/worry since i only show 54mb free ram most of the time. maybe the ns4g is not the best phone to run ics on? i know memory mgmt is more effective with android, but all the restarting of apps makes it seem laggy...

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
will ics have a larger ram footprint? i wonder/worry since i only show 54mb free ram most of the time. maybe the ns4g is not the best phone to run ics on? i know memory mgmt is more effective with android, but all the restarting of apps makes it seem laggy...

if you only have 54 MB free, then either something's wrong, or you have WAY too much stuff running. How much do you have available after a fresh restart?

aman1127

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
We can't say yet, the builds aren't off anything existing. After an official release we will really know. As it is, the builds we are getting are sweet. I can only imagine a final release

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

54. You clearly have Facebook and other things installed. Lol.

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
54. You clearly have Facebook and other things installed. Lol.

54. sorry child, no social apps, except tapatalk. use functional widgets recommended on this forum/site.
also, i note an "available ram" discrepancy between widgetsoid and Android running ram use.
maybe after ics, i will root, keep it stock, and try to prevent some apps from self starting.

wpbfjr on the road

StealthTH

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't get how you only have 54MB available without having too many of the large applications. I have quite a few applications on my Nexus S, I just checked and currently have 126MB's free. I'm wondering if it is a combination of killing apps that are "running" all the time and maybe a rogue app or two. You should probably give us a list of the applications you run in order to further help you.

Also, PLEASE read this article that was posted in September, it may clear up some things regarding memory management in Android.

Ram: What it is, How it's used, and why you shouldn't care

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21