I noticed that when I have a pending SMS notification, the button lights at the bottom of my NS 4G CM stay on even if I turn the screen off. Nice feature since the NS 4G does not have notification light.

I wonder where this feature comes from. Is it available in stock NS 4G? Is it a Cyanogen feature? NoLed (which I uninstalled)?
    11-21-2011 01:47 AM
    It is a Cyanogen feature
    kamtsa likes this.
    11-21-2011 07:13 AM
    You can use noLED and get the effect, but then you'll also have the colors on the top left of your screen.

If you root your phone and install the right kernel, you can use BLN (BackLightNotification). Thats what I do.
    11-21-2011 09:17 AM
    It is a Cyanogen feature
    Thanks. I love those CM little add on features (like swiping individual notifications). BTW, having that light blinking will probably have better effect. Both visibility and battery life.

You can use noLED and get the effect, but then you'll also have the colors on the top left of your screen. If you root your phone and install the right kernel, you can use BLN (BackLightNotification). Thats what I do.
    Tried noLED but it did not work well with the rest of my phone (lock screen, Wave Launcher, etc) so uninstalled it. Thanks for the BLN pointer. I will check it out.
    11-21-2011 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD