Reassure Me About Signal

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I just traded my Epic for the Nexus S. I got pretty good cell reception/3g/4g signals. I have been noticing a lot of complaints about the Nexus antenna. Did I make a mistake trading my epic for the nexus?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Reassure Me

Keith I think this is really a 50/50 like it was for the Epic 4g...

Some people have little or no trouble.... Others have complaints...

Some are hardware related, others could just be location...

I've done a little traveling around with my Nexus even out to no mans land in middle Illinois where it gets to be very farm orientated community and still achieved a fair 3g signal and GPS working fine when I thought for sure it would drop off... Wife's Epic along side me was about on par with my Nexus....

Just my 2 cents.. Anyone else?

Reactions: Skunkape60

w5cyc

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

Maybe we should just chug on over to mamby pamby land, where maybe we can get you some reassurance, you jackwagon!

All seriousness aside, I don't really have issues with the radio in my Nexus S. I have issues in that it doesn't seem to want to play nice with Tasker.

Reactions: Skunkape60

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Keith I think this is really a 50/50 like it was for the Epic 4g...

Some people have little or no trouble.... Others have complaints...

Some are hardware related, others could just be location...

I've done a little traveling around with my Nexus even out to no mans land in middle Illinois where it gets to be very farm orientated community and still achieved a fair 3g signal and GPS working fine when I thought for sure it would drop off... Wife's Epic along side me was about on par with my Nexus....

Just my 2 cents.. Anyone else?

I kind of figured it would have more to do with the service. I believe the epic and nexus have the same radio and I've never really had an issue with my epic's signal. I was just curious as it seems to be the most consistent complaint.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

MarkHirt

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site

It has everything to do with signal, people see one bar and think the phone sucks when in reality the number of bars has nothing to do with signal strength.

Brianbgrp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Just switched from an epic to an ns4g myself...actually just got it todayin the mail

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Brianbgrp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

well, so far i'm likin the phone. my roommates had it for a while, but he's not techy at all. I'm still new to rooting and all that...gonna dive into it this weekend if i have the free time.

8616v

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine about a month and shared the same concerns. Mine is fine. Not noticeably different from any other phone i've ever had. personally....I acknowledge that there are probably some lemons out there....it mostly sounds like alot of whining about bars or just bad service areas.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza