Location Problem

p4ulm86

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Whats up guys

i tried searching to make sure i am not double posting something but i found nothing similar to my issue

My nexus is stock nothing done to it and i have an issue with the Location services determined over 3G. it always gives me my past location and if i want it to make it work i have to reboot the phone.

For example if you use 4square or FB to check in ..it uses your location determined by network or Wifi.. When i have the WIFI on it works fine , however over 3g it doesnt refresh when i go from place to place.

My GPS works fine the only problem is the location services. i thought at one point it was the room i used before ( WHEN I HAD IT ROOTED) but when i installed MIUI rom the location services worked Good.. Any Ideas ??? thanks

MarkHirt

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I have that problem too. If you travel with the screen on it works "sometimes"

I use Settings Profiles to change settings based on location to correct the problem I created a rule that fires a free app called CellID Info that launches every 15 minutes when the screen is Off. Works pretty good, no battery drain

scrufton

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I have been having the same issue for a few months. Sprint insists nothing is wrong and refuses to do anything about it. I wish someone with more android knowledge could figure this out.