when are we getting ice cream?

rblakeley#AC

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I dunno bout u guys, but i already have Ice Cream Sanwich on my Nexus s 4g. :) And no i didnt get the OTA update, i installed a rom 2 days ago and i have been playing with it since.

It runs slightly faster than the stock GB, looks nice, and a few extra features like face recognition. Facebook sync is still disabled, and some of my apps do not play nice, like simple calendar, and google wallet.

The colors on stock gingerbread are better in my opinion (by colors i mean the dark blacks you see in email, phone, contacts. ICS is white and light blue, it does not take full advantage of the AMO LED screen. I think im going to put back the stock rom and wait for the update because it is not ALL that great.... and yes i understand its not the "official ICS UPDATE release" but im sure its VERY similer.

This was the first time i rooted my phone. It wasnt TOO difficult, but i am a pc and audio\video tech. I lost my pictures and had to re-install my apps. Contacts are saved in gmail so thats all that i really needed to save.

charn65

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Official ICS for the NS4G will have WiMax support, if that's what you're asking..

Ports off of the gn from Verizon. I would hope an official update for us would include Wimax support:D, if we see that before they roll out
LTE...
Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
ICS?

When will the Nexus S 4G get the ICS update? My brother has one and I'm just wondering.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk!

shahid99

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: ICS?

No1 knows yet

I c u posted from evo 3d

I have nexus s 4g n my bro has evo 3d

So first I thought u r my brother who is just asking here LOL

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I am content running the 4.0.03 ROMS right now. I am experiencing decent speed and battery life. I hardly ever use 4G, so I don't really know if it works on the ROMs I have tested.

I of course will switch over to a ROM based on the NS4G release whenever it happens, but I'm not getting too upset over anything right now.

Besides, I am a former Epic 4G owner, and I know what update anxiety is....and this ain't it.

Zerocool84

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Already have ICS LOL.

Yes we know ROMs are out but some of us need our phones for work and can't be without wifi, bluetooth, etc, and don't want to deal with the bugs early ROMs usually have. I'll install a ROM but after the OTA is released so they'll be based off that and much more stable with all the features working.

charn65

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes we know ROMs are out but some of us need our phones for work and can't be without wifi, bluetooth, etc, and don't want to deal with the bugs early ROMs usually have. I'll install a ROM but after the OTA is released so they'll be based off that and much more stable with all the features working.

Wifi, BT, 4g all work on most of the ics roms now. Mms is the only hit and miss feature I've seen. I too use this as my business phone, and they are very solid builds, otherwise I'd still be on GB for sure.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I am running oICSv43 with the matr1xv13 kernel. This phone is rock solid. Not a single random reboot since it was installed on the 23rd (I think). My 4g, wifi, mms, bluetooth and gps it's all working. I can't image the ota being any better.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I just don't understand why they wouldn't release it on just our phone. I just want the option to install it. Otherwise I'm happy with my gingerbread.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Might as well keep this under wraps until after the New Year... Google isn't doing anything until then....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol