3G Signal Fluctuation (Drops to Zero)

djshack#AC

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I've been having an "issue" on my NS4G since one of the updates way back when (and still now running CM 7.1.0.1), where I can have 2-4 bars of signal on 3G, and the phone will show the bars drop to 0, then in a few seconds, they'll bounce back up. The drop does not seem to affect the actual signal from what I can tell.

I also seem to remember my old BB Tour doing a similar thing on Sprint 3G.

Does anyone else have this "issue?" I'm not sure if it's Sprint of the phone itself. I'd consider taking it to Sprint for a possible warranty exchange, but I don't really want to go through the hassle of getting the phone back to stock and rooting a new one, etc., to potentially find that a new one will do the same exact thing.

Any opinions or advice? Thanks.

xikle

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Mine does the same thing. Completely stock running version 2.3.7. Doesnt seem to affect anything though since it still loads web pages when that happens. Also noticed it seems to only happen when I'm at home, so I'm guessing that I'm sitting between towers or something. Doesn't seem to cause any more drain on the battery than usual, though.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

djshack#AC

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Alright, good to know. Perhaps it's just a Sprint network issue (since I do remember my Tour doing it). I just didn't think the NS4G did it originally, but that was also before the updates that fixed all the supposed radio issues.

opteron7

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I really think sprint network is going down hill. I have been a customer for over 8 years even before I switched from a blackberry to nexus the reception had been going down hill.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar