I'd love to get this keyboard working but I keep running into the same issue.

After allowing a non-Android installation and pairing the keyboard as instructed, all is fine. But when I try to install the drivers according to these instructions:
    Installing the drivers:

1. From your phones internet browser go to OTAdrivers.com - Drivers for Freedom Input
    2, Select the Freedom Pro Keyboard from the list of products.
    3, The website should automatically detect that you have an Android device and give you the driver file to download. If it does not automatically detect your device click on the link to manually download the drivers and select the Android OS link to download the file.
    4. Once the file has finished downloading click on it to begin the installation process.
    5. You will get a message saying what parts of the OS the keyboard will interact with. Click on ok to continue the installation.

The problem is a #4 - when the download is starting I'm asked to either save it or cancel...I select to "save" and when the download is complete I have the options to "open" or "dismiss". When I select "open" I'm asked to complete the action using one of half dozen apps including a zip reader, text editor, browser, or OfficeSuite. None of these work! And I can't get past this step to actually make it install and certainly not to the steps to activate the drivers.

Is there something special about the Nexus S 4G that these directions are leaving out? Any other suggestions?
    12-22-2011 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD