100% CPU usage?

Trun

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Noticed phone was particularly hot this morning with the screen off.

Saw CPU was using 100%. Opened OS Monitor and found "System" process using 80% consistently. Was not syncing, had good signal, was not downloading.

Using Kernel 2.6.35.14 from PeterAlfonso, with GPA19.

Any ideas?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Could just be a bad flash or the kernel or ROM just finally decided to
go nuts which does happen..

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Trun

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Well, I doubt it's the ROM, because I just flashed a new one a little while ago, and it was doing it before that, too.

So, I guess I could try reflashing the kernel.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The only other way to completely rule ROM/kernels would be to return to complete stock, lock up your device and run it for a day/battery cycle and see what is happening... I would also if you do this hold off on adding any 3rd party apps just to rule everything out.

If it seems to have resolved the issue then you can start by rooting again, adding ROM and again check and see how things perform... If your satisified then slowly start adding your apps back and you might be surprised and find a particular app causing problems.

Then again all this could be a complete wash and find out you have something hardware related going on but I really find that doubtful if the device is performing the tasks at hand. I would bet its something software related either ROM, kernel or an application.

Trun

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I reflashed the kernel, and it appears to be good now. It's been close to 24 hours now, and no high usage liek that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel