01-17-2012 06:12 PM
63 123
tools
    No idea how much credibility this guy has but a "tier 2" verizon tech support agent said mid January release. So we should only be a few days away.... will see if it really happens.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using Tapatalk
    01-13-2012 03:39 PM
    I wouldn't necessary think the sky is falling until other existing android phones start getting ICS. Tablets as far as I'm concerned are a different animal. Especially tablets that already have honeycomb on them.
    01-13-2012 03:41 PM
    I wouldn't feel so bad about not having it but hearing all these other devices getting first is starting to get a little frustrating.
    01-13-2012 04:01 PM
    google!!!! WTF????
    01-14-2012 10:42 AM
    google!!!! WTF????
    I'm guessing there's still no news about us getting the ICS, I've been waiting oh so patiently for the ota update "right now running cm7" not to worried about it I'm sure well get it sooner or later.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    01-14-2012 12:26 PM
    I skimmed the thread so I appologize if this has been touched on already, but in fairness to Google the update was halted on the T-Mo version of the Nexus as well due to issues with the build. It stands to reason that the 4G version has not been pushed yet is because it also contains some elements that Google has felt we'd be better off without until they are fixed.

Don't get me wrong, I want ICS badly, but not enough to root (My Nexus hasn't had its cherry popped yet ) or have a buggy device. I have a feeling it will be well worth the wait.
    01-14-2012 07:16 PM
    I skimmed the thread so I appologize if this has been touched on already, but in fairness to Google the update was halted on the T-Mo version of the Nexus as well due to issues with the build. It stands to reason that the 4G version has not been pushed yet is because it also contains some elements that Google has felt we'd be better off without until they are fixed.

Don't get me wrong, I want ICS badly, but not enough to root (My Nexus hasn't had its cherry popped yet ) or have a buggy device. I have a feeling it will be well worth the wait.
    I have no problem with that call, either. However, it'd be nice to hear something, anything, from Sprint or Google.

It's very frustrating when companies announce a product, build the hype, then keep us customers in the dark. It's even more frustrating when we loyal Sprint customers stick with Sprint, a carrier that is hemorrhaging its customer-base, but they fail to communicate with us.

It's almost as though they don't acknowledge that we made a choice to be or stay with them.
    gbuffs likes this.
    01-15-2012 09:40 PM
    Sadly all of this unexplained delay reminds me of WebOS 2.0... they kept saying it's coming to all devices, then they said nothing for a while, then they flip-flopped and said they will not roll it out to older devices at all.

I'm not saying Google is going to flip and not push ICS out to the Nexus S, but someone should say something...anything. All of this silence just breeds anger and/or rumors and a simple "we found some issues and are working to resolve them before we continue the rollout" would go a long way to calm people down.
    gbuffs likes this.
    01-16-2012 08:27 AM
    Sadly all of this unexplained delay reminds me of WebOS 2.0... they kept saying it's coming to all devices, then they said nothing for a while, then they flip-flopped and said they will not roll it out to older devices at all.

I'm not saying Google is going to flip and not push ICS out to the Nexus S, but someone should say something...anything. All of this silence just breeds anger and/or rumors and a simple "we found some issues and are working to resolve them before we continue the rollout" would go a long way to calm people down.
    I was gonna say it reminded me of the signal issues on the NS4G from last summer. Lot's of these threads wondering when we'd hear something...
    01-16-2012 09:51 AM
    I never thought I'd see the day when a petition for an ota for a nexus.
    01-16-2012 11:17 AM
    I never thought I'd see the day when a petition for an ota for a nexus.
    No kidding. I mean, forget world peace, ending hunger in Africa or stopping SOPA from breaking the interwebitubes. If Google doesn't give us ICS, we're gonna DO something about it!
    01-17-2012 08:08 AM
    World piece is over rated.
    01-17-2012 06:04 PM
    World piece is over rated.
    Yea he is overrated. He's not a good basketball player any more.
    01-17-2012 06:12 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD