WTF Google?! Transformer Prime will get ICS before Nexus Devices!

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Really? I've never seen this phone marketed at all. But really don't plan on getting the ota anyway. I prefer to wait for the roms based off of it. Too many issues with the at&t ota. I will wait for the improvements that will come from the devs.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Yes, I want the Roms based off the sprint update also. So I will have to wait even longer.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: WTF Google?! Transformer Prime will get ICS before Nexus Devi

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding

We have a winner!

If anyone thinks otherwise they are sadly mistaken.

Why would Sprint be the reason? You realize not one piece of Sprint bloatware is in this device correct? Are you also aware that Google already has the drivers for the radios for that device? So no, it's Google holding up the update. All Sprint does is supply the drivers for the radios, which Google already has.

DeathsArrow

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Why would Sprint be the reason? You realize not one piece of Sprint bloatware is in this device correct? Are you also aware that Google already has the drivers for the radios for that device? So no, it's Google holding up the update. All Sprint does is supply the drivers for the radios, which Google already has.

It doesn't matter if their is bloatware of not, Sprint is likely still testing the device update. Nexus or not, Sprint is testing it before they allow it on their network. Look no further than the Palm Pre.

Reactions: crzycrkr

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't matter if their is bloatware of not, Sprint is likely still testing the device update. Nexus or not, Sprint is testing it before they allow it on their network. Look no further than the Palm Pre.

Can't even compare a nexus device with other android phones, let alone the pre. Terrible correlation

borrowedchief

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

Well, now that the Galaxy Nexus has slipped for Sprint, I would imagine we will be waiting at least until it gets released first.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

There is no way google would allow " their" phone to be held up until Mid year to receive the ICS update. If anything it would be a good showcase and have people more excited about it coming to sprint.

DeathsArrow

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Can't even compare a nexus device with other android phones, let alone the pre. Terrible correlation

A carrier locked Nexus is hardly the same thing as the unlocked version. Hence the correlation is accurate.

jrun

May 27, 2010
Visit site

Hey guys, evo 3d owner here, but my lady has the ns4g, just jumping in this thread to ask if there was any new rumors as to a release of ICS for you guys? I want to play with it on her phone since its going to be a while before my phone gets any ICS love. :)

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site

Well, it's official. At CES, they announced you can now get ICS on the Transformer Prime. Being a Nexus owner means nothing.

jrun

May 27, 2010
Visit site

Well, it's official. At CES, they announced you can now get ICS on the Transformer Prime. Being a Nexus owner means nothing.

I don't have a nexus, but i'll share in your disappointment, my gf has one and i've been waiting eagerly for it to get the update so i can check it out. The only thing i have to say would be, atleast the phone is easy to unlock and you can still load ICS from the roms that are out there.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

I just go back to this:

I believe he is referring to other phones 6tr6tr, the Prime is a tablet.

When other PHONES start updating to ICS before us, then it'll mean nothing.

Reactions: crzycrkr

clindner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

I heard that ASUS is updating the original Transformer to ICS starting today as well...

So, it is easier to update tablets than phones?

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

I'm betting that we won't see it till the G Nexus is out for sprint.

eblackman

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

I'm betting that we won't see it till the G Nexus is out for sprint.

Rem, I agree with you and i feel that was the plan all along. I'm sure some bugs had to be worked out but Sprint is holding for this new nexus phone to drop cause they know people who have the existing one will jump ship just to get it and tie in to a new contract. IF they sent ICS now the less chance of that happened.

E

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

Rem, I agree with you and i feel that was the plan all along. I'm sure some bugs had to be worked out but Sprint is holding for this new nexus phone to drop cause they know people who have the existing one will jump ship just to get it and tie in to a new contract. IF they sent ICS now the less chance of that happened.

E

I don't know...at the earliest, May is when folks would be available for upgrades (and that's only for those on the legacy Sprint Premier program with the 12 month cycle...which goes away permanently after this year's upgrade). I don't see a whole lot of people "jumping ship"...except for those extreme Android geeks with very deep pockets. If anything, an earlier ICS release on the NS4G would tide us over until we are eligible for the upgrade. I'll be eligible in, I think, May...but I prefer to wait until the LTE network is up and running and I can see my handset options. Heck...my next phone will have to last me at least 20 months!

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

I don't agree with it but if I was in their shoes I'd probably do the same. I just want a date, even if it's far off.

MacGuyInNC

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site

I don't agree with it but if I was in their shoes I'd probably do the same. I just want a date, even if it's far off.

I harass them every day via Twitter (@sprint, of course) for a date.

Feel free to do the same. Annoy the crap out of their PR department and make them answer us.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site

I harass them every day via Twitter (@sprint, of course) for a date.

Feel free to do the same. Annoy the crap out of their PR department and make them answer us.

Given that Google pulled back the T-Mobile OTA, I highly doubt Sprint is the holdup here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams