WTF Google?! Transformer Prime will get ICS before Nexus Devices!

nexus4ever

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I was thinking the same thing. You would think they would beat everyone out the gate. I understand the prime is the first quad core device and all, but a nexus is a nexus.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

tommy-2

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: WTF Google?! Transformer Prime will get ICS before Nexus Devi

What's our compensation for not getting it first? New phones for the family???

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

How about you just wait and see what happens? The att version of the Nexus S does not have ICS yet. There are still 6 days until the 9th. I would rather have version 4.0.3 or 4.0.4 then 4.0.1. If you really want it just upload the many great Roms and be happy until it comes. For the most part we have received every update and new google app before everyone else.

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
How about you just wait and see what happens? The att version of the Nexus S does not have ICS yet. There are still 6 days until the 9th. I would rather have version 4.0.3 or 4.0.4 then 4.0.1. If you really want it just upload the many great Roms and be happy until it comes. For the most part we have received every update and new google app before everyone else.

Hey, crawl back in your hole. We have every right to be pissed about this. This phone was marketed as receiving updates 1st.

I'm running one of the patched together ics rims right now. It's not the same.

I usually don't like complaining but this is justified. If you don't like it, go read another thread

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey, crawl back in your hole. We have every right to be pissed about this. This phone was marketed as receiving updates 1st.

I usually don't like complaining but this is justified. If you don't like it, go read another thread

Really? I've never seen this phone marketed at all. But really don't plan on getting the ota anyway. I prefer to wait for the roms based off of it. Too many issues with the at&t ota. I will wait for the improvements that will come from the devs.

Last edited:
Reactions: crzycrkr

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Perhaps it is Sprint delaying the update.

Lord knows why it took the Epic 4G so long to get the GB update, but the Epic 4G was one of Sprint's flagship phones.

My first thought: who cares?
My second thought: maybe it's Sprint.
My third thought: who cares? It will arrive.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

I guess I will crawl back to my hole and play with ICS more on my Nexus S 4g. I never said you can't be angry. I'm just saying be patient. It will come before the others have it. Would you rather have a buggy verison of ICS 4.0.1 or a well working version?

beedip

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I believe he is referring to other phones 6tr6tr, the Prime is a tablet.

I think it makes sense to release a tablet with ICS before other phones, it will help show that it is a combined system and will be more compatible to phones than Honeycomb creating more of a demand for it. We as Nexus owners have been waiting for it since we got our phones, we can wait a new weeks more.

robjonson#AC

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

The ONLY Nexus S that is truly unmodified by the carriers is the T-Mobile version, proof of this is unrestricted tethering and no carrier crap running on the phone. All other Nexus S phones have to wait until the CARRIERS modify the image to lock down tethering and add crapware, no this is not the way NEXUS was supposed to be but I suspect it was the only way carriers would agree to allow the NEXUS on their networks.
further proof of this is TMO NEXUS S's started receiving ICS 1-2 DAYS after the GALAXY NEXUS was finally launched by Verizon, same exact thing happened with the NEXUS ONE. GOOGLE doesn't have to wait for carrier crap and is able to push the update immediately......

don't be mad at GOOGLE, be pissed at your carrier, True NEXUS devices have always been on TMO, maybe consider switching, their network will be getting $5 BILLION better thanks to the failure of the AT&T merger.:D

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site

The ONLY Nexus S that is truly unmodified by the carriers is the T-Mobile version, proof of this is unrestricted tethering and no carrier crap running on the phone. All other Nexus S phones have to wait until the CARRIERS modify the image to lock down tethering and add crapware, no this is not the way NEXUS was supposed to be but I suspect it was the only way carriers would agree to allow the NEXUS on their networks.
further proof of this is TMO NEXUS S's started receiving ICS 1-2 DAYS after the GALAXY NEXUS was finally launched by Verizon, same exact thing happened with the NEXUS ONE. GOOGLE doesn't have to wait for carrier crap and is able to push the update immediately......

don't be mad at GOOGLE, be pissed at your carrier, True NEXUS devices have always been on TMO, maybe consider switching, their network will be getting $5 BILLION better thanks to the failure of the AT&T merger.:D

It's NOT the carriers. How do I know? T-Mobile Nexus S users also do not have ICS (except for a very few during that short period that they then stopped). This delay is from Google.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

It's NOT the carriers. How do I know? T-Mobile Nexus S users also do not have ICS (except for a very few during that short period that they then stopped). This delay is from Google.

Well my dad can beat up your dad.:-\

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Very possible there was a reason they stopped the update. Like perhaps the ota update was borking up too many phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante