Well here's the blog, lets talk....

Before anything else, wasn't I the one who stood behind my comments when I said Sprint would offer the Galaxy Nexus as its flagship phone for LTE..??

http://www.androidcentral.com/lte-ga...-advertisement
    01-05-2012 05:54 PM
    Well here's the blog, lets talk....

Before anything else, wasn't I the one who stood behind my comments when I said Sprint would offer the Galaxy Nexus as its flagship phone for LTE..??

I remember...

I am very excited to get this phone. I was so close to switching to Verizon, then CM7 came along for the Epic. I'm even upgrade eligible right now so I can get this on launch day.
    01-05-2012 06:01 PM
    My upgrades due in June..so this is prolly what I'm looking at

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
    01-05-2012 06:22 PM
    I'll definitely be getting it.
    01-05-2012 06:27 PM
    I can't wait...I'm definitely grabbing this puppy too. I'm gonna sale my NS4G after u get it...just to make some of my money back.

When do everybody think it'll be released?

I'm guessing either later this month or February .. maybe even March since that's when the NS4G came to Sprint. But I'm hoping for no later than February.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    01-05-2012 06:40 PM

Lol. No, you're not the only one.
    Paul627g likes this.
    01-05-2012 07:07 PM
    I can't wait...I'm definitely grabbing this puppy too. I'm gonna sale my NS4G after u get it...just to make some of my money back.

I'm guessing either later this month or February .. maybe even March since that's when the NS4G came to Sprint. But I'm hoping for no later than February.

I'm guessing its going to be another few months.. They are saying mid 2012 before they even start lighting up the first LTE. Doesn't make any sense to release the phone until they have at least a good half dozen or better strong markets to use LTE with this device.

Thats just my thoughts..
    01-05-2012 07:17 PM
    So when is LTE supposed to be launched by sprint? Whatever that date is, add a year and a half to that and that's when it will get to my area.

01-05-2012 07:22 PM
    It better have an improved radio in it over the Nexus S. I've been through two myself, and combined with my wife's that's 3 Nexus S's that have performed poorly with signal and GPS
    01-05-2012 07:35 PM
    All I know is I'm gonna have to start talking to Sprint and see if they will either...

A. Move up my upgrade time... September 1st is my upgrade time...

B. Allow me to pay my way to early upgrade... Heard of a few people saying this way possible to pay a small fee per month to early upgrade...

C. I CAN'T WAIT !!!! GIMMIE SOME GALAXY NEXUS LOVE
    Lucki likes this.
    01-05-2012 07:37 PM
    So i get a lte galaxy nexus in June (my upgrade), if we don't have lte in my area will i get any signal other than wifi? Our just lose 4g?

01-05-2012 08:42 PM
    You would have 3g & wifi until they light up LTE in your area....

I really doubt they will have a dual Wimax/LTE 4g radio in there...
    01-05-2012 08:45 PM
    So that explains where ICS is. Just saying.
    01-05-2012 09:39 PM
    So that explains where ICS is. Just saying.
    Nah.. We will still see it, I think there is just some little snag holding it up. They would of have never released the binaries for the NS4G based on 4.0.3 if it wasn't going to happen.
    01-05-2012 09:52 PM
    I hope so.
    01-05-2012 09:54 PM
    I love the fact that Sprint is giving 3 Texas cities some LTE love to start.

01-08-2012 03:30 PM
    I love the fact that Sprint is giving 3 Texas cities some LTE love to start.

Which ones?

01-08-2012 03:52 PM
    So we probably wont get ICS until around the time the Galaxy Nexus launches? Lol...that will go over well...
    01-08-2012 04:07 PM
    Which ones?

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint...ur-lte-markets

Dallas, Houston, San Antonio

...and Atlanta (woohoo!)
    01-09-2012 07:42 AM
    Well, this will be the second time that I buy a phone off contract.
    01-09-2012 12:06 PM
    Our OTA is probably being held up for exactly this phone. Two simple applications besides the build of AOSP and a text editor for the build.prop file and some binaries, which all the open source ones have been released. Come on Sprint, people will still buy the GN, give us an OTA for the NS4G.
    01-09-2012 07:25 PM

The Nexus S4G was announced in March, but it wasn't actually released on Sprint until May.

I'm betting the Galaxy Nexus will get the same treatment:

@sprintcare: Saw your tweet. Unfortunately, we don't have the launch dates yet; however, it will probably be closer to our LTE launch

LTE is scheduled for mid 2012.
    01-10-2012 11:44 AM
    The Nexus S4G was announced in March, but it wasn't actually released on Sprint until May.

I'm betting the Galaxy Nexus will get the same treatment:

@sprintcare: Saw your tweet. Unfortunately, we don't have the launch dates yet; however, it will probably be closer to our LTE launch

Yeah, I doubt they want an LTE phone released too far in advance of being able to support it with an LTE network.
    01-10-2012 12:17 PM

That works for me, I'm buying it once Sprint launches LTE in NYC. I couldn't go from WiMax speeds back to 3G speeds full time, just too slow.

Sadly, I've gotten to the point where if my phone doesn't have a 4G signal (rarely where I live) I usually put it down (1st world problems).
    01-10-2012 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD