Samsung will be picking Sprint for future Nexus launches?

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else feel like Samsung will be launching future Nexus devices on Sprint for now due to that whole Verizon hold up?

I really hope that they do, I feel that if they would have kept staying with sprint first, GN would have been out much sooner and NS4G might have already received ICS by now

But what do you guys think?

Sent from Vincent's Dooderbutt AOSP ICS Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk....yeah, that's a long signature ;)

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Nope. Verizon does that stuff all the time and everyone comes back. Why? They have the most customers. They might use AT&T, but Sprint's too small to launch on.

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Verizon does that stuff all the time and everyone comes back. Why? They have the most customers. They might use AT&T, but Sprint's too small to launch on.

Not that I disagree that they won't use Sprint because of the Verizon delays, but the first two Nexus devices debuted on T-Mobile first and they are smaller than Sprint. Just sayin'...

Reactions: crzycrkr

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
What problems who says sprint wouldn't have the same issues. I mean they won't have the g nexus till atleast 3 months or later after release. Its called testing also who says next nexus is going to be samsung. Maybe it will b a lg nexus

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Not that I disagree that they won't use Sprint because of the Verizon delays, but the first two Nexus devices debuted on T-Mobile first and they are smaller than Sprint. Just sayin'...

The first Nexus debuted because the concept of pure android wasn't really big yet because Android was still getting popular. Remember how Android got huge? Verizon.

I just want the Nexus devices to be like iPhone and launch on every carrier worldwide, plus T-Mobile.

In the end Verizon can really make a phone huge, they got some annoyingly great marketing.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
While I really haven't liked any Motorola phone from a design standpoint- their call quality and radio strength seems to be without question. Now that they seem to be making phones for all US carriers- for this strength alone, I'd like to see a Moto nexus- but they really need to get away from their angular design sensibilities- all their phones look like something designed a decade or two ago. When I saw the OG Droid I literally said it was a fake- and no way anyone would design a phone that dated looking with a keyboard that poorly designed.

I love samsung's screen tech- but their radios always seem to be subpar (Wifi and cell strength and call clarity) Wish they'd address that.

charn65

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Google purchase moto mobile over the summer?

a motonex on the horizon...?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I personally think that if sprint actually tried, they could market the next upcoming nexus devices and be very successful. Look at when they first launched the Evo 4G, sprint was sold out for months at a time! Plus the commercials were pretty tight as well

I think if sprint tried as hard when they did the evo, and actually explain what is and the benefits of vanilla android in their commercials, sprint could possibly be just as successful as the other "big" phone companies. But that's just IMO :)

Sent from Vincent's Dooderbutt AOSP ICS Sprint Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk....yeah, that's a long signature ;)

bugz_92

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I really hope Google uses all three OEM's to make the next Nexus. They can get Motorola to make the chips and radios, HTC to build the main body, and last but not least get Samsung to make the screen(granted its curved of course. I honestly think that's the best set up, and then the back would have a rubberized(like RAZR) back that would all three OEM's names in a pattern engraved in the rubber. And then the single "Google" logo would be the one that stands out the most on the back. That would be heaven. The best of all three companies :). Then depending on how much percent of each company put into the phone then they would receive that percent in revenue from sales or Google pays them and keeps the revenue for themselves(which I doubt).

And Honestly the best way to launch is to launch it on all carriers at once. If not then launch it every week or biweekly on a carrier until each carrier gets it, to build hype.