1st day with NS4G

fareal

May 29, 2010
Visit site
This evening I received my NS4G as a replacement for my Epic 4G due to issues with the Epic since the Gingerbread update (GPS, random lockups, battery pull required, etc). The NS4G has been great so far! Boots so fast, nice and slim compared to Epic. Root was pretty much a breeze. Installed all my apps from the Market and Amazon App Store. Restored config of most of the apps. Got her all up and running. THEN I try to listen to voicemail. I can't hear anything. Speakerphone mode works fine. Headphones work fine. But without those, I can't hear anything. So now unfortunately I'm learning that unroot is even easier than root with this phone due to having the samsung frontend to odin. Anyway, I'm back to stock and ready to return it tomorrow. Luckily I've got a Nandroid backup so restoring the replacement after root shouldn't be bad. Unfortunately I'm guessing Sprint won't have the NS4G in stock as they didn't the first time.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I'd continue to push Sprint. The NS4G has been a great phone for me.

This evening I received my NS4G as a replacement for my Epic 4G due to issues with the Epic since the Gingerbread update (GPS, random lockups, battery pull required, etc). The NS4G has been great so far! Boots so fast, nice and slim compared to Epic. Root was pretty much a breeze. Installed all my apps from the Market and Amazon App Store. Restored config of most of the apps. Got her all up and running. THEN I try to listen to voicemail. I can't hear anything. Speakerphone mode works fine. Headphones work fine. But without those, I can't hear anything. So now unfortunately I'm learning that unroot is even easier than root with this phone due to having the samsung frontend to odin. Anyway, I'm back to stock and ready to return it tomorrow. Luckily I've got a Nandroid backup so restoring the replacement after root shouldn't be bad. Unfortunately I'm guessing Sprint won't have the NS4G in stock as they didn't the first time.