01-30-2012 05:14 PM
77 1234
tools
    Maybe I'm mistaken, maybe not, but doesn't the Galaxy Nexus have it? Isn't the RAZR getting it very soon (possibly before the Nexus S 4G?)? Isn't the XOOM tablet getting it very soon?
    The Xoom is not a phone. What the RAZR will get will some screwed up, tinkered to death blurred out version of ICS. There also is no announced date for that upgrade. The Xoom 4G LTE has not received the update and there is no announcement for a release on it yet. The only version of the Xoom that is receiving the update so far is the wifi version.

So one persons lie at this point is another persons truth. The Nexus S did start receiving ICS prior to any other phone in its category receiving it. It was also receiving a newer version of ICS than what the GN currently has.
    Even if they don't have the update right now, they at least have word from Motorola that the update is right around the corner.. Considering those aren't "Google devices", that's a lot better than Samsung/Sprint has said so far.
    Right around the corner. Well proof is in the pudding. The 4G LTE upgrade for the Xoom was right around the corner at the time it was initially released. That upgrade was not rolled out until October of 2011. With Motorola don't believe it until it happens. Their track record for meeting rumored deadlines is not all that great. They have difficulty meeting their own announced deadlines. Again, look at the Xoom.
    Just saying, if the Nexus S/4G is a "development" phone, shouldn't it have had the update months before any other phones? I don't see where my criticisms are invalid. Many people sacrificed dual-core processors, better cameras, better hardware, for having the Google standard phone. I know I did. It'd be nice if they gave the users of the Nexus S phones what they thought they were buying, is all I'm saying.
    How exactly has that changed? What other 3G phones are coming with ICS standard right now? I'll give you the answer, none!
    crzycrkr likes this.
    01-19-2012 04:28 PM
    Good to know. Thanks. I'll try to keep an open mind

I use my phone to tether over 4g and also 3G when I can't get 4g. I pay the $30 monthly fee for this. If I tether with the bugless one, will I still be able to tether like this? Would it be the same but free now?
    01-19-2012 04:37 PM
    Good to know. Thanks. I'll try to keep an open mind

I use my phone to tether over 4g and also 3G when I can't get 4g. I pay the $30 monthly fee for this. If I tether with the bugless one, will I still be able to tether like this? Would it be the same but free now?
    You are looking for a bugless phone?
    crzycrkr likes this.
    01-19-2012 04:42 PM
    I think some are confusing the Galaxy Nexus & the Nexus S. The Galaxy is shipped with ICS. It's not an upgrade.
    01-19-2012 04:45 PM
    I think some are confusing the Galaxy Nexus & the Nexus S. The Galaxy is shipped with ICS. It's not an upgrade.
    Who's confusing the two?
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.
    01-19-2012 05:02 PM
    You are looking for a bugless phone?
    He said the rom is called bugless
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.
    01-19-2012 07:16 PM
    He said the rom is called bugless
    Gotcha.
    01-19-2012 07:45 PM
    How has the Bugless experience on ICS been? I've been really thinking about going to the 1-18 nightly, but have been clinging to my BB Gingerbread.
    01-20-2012 08:07 AM
    Meh, I guess I'm just gonna have to take the plunge and root sometime soon. All these custom ROMs sound great.
    01-20-2012 12:27 PM
    How has the Bugless experience on ICS been? I've been really thinking about going to the 1-18 nightly, but have been clinging to my BB Gingerbread.
    Meh, I guess I'm just gonna have to take the plunge and root sometime soon. All these custom ROMs sound great.
    Alfonso's ICS bugless beast runs beautifully on my phone (been running his since before Christmas) and I've forgotten that ICS isn't even out officially for the NS4G because this rom runs so well.

For those getting impatient with Google.... take a look at the release table for gingerbread on the original nexus to get pushed out to all. Here is an example:

http://techcrunch.com/2011/02/22/gingerbread-nexus-one/

(The Nexus S starting going on sale in mid december of 2010)
    crzycrkr and Skunkape60 like this.
    01-20-2012 09:20 PM
    I just my got my Nexus S 4G in december 2011 before Christmas. didn't know anything about ICS or Android OS until i came to this forum last week.
    With that said, since this past Friday, my phone is rooted now, i'm running ICS 4.0.3 Bugless Beast R.01.18.2012, and i don't think i'll look back, in fact, i think i'll try the Matr1x Kernel

Oh and yes, the wifi hot spot works like a charm...

Edit, here is a print screen

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    01-22-2012 09:58 AM
    I just my got my Nexus S 4G in december 2011 before Christmas. didn't know anything about ICS or Android OS until i came to this forum last week.
    With that said, since this past Friday, my phone is rooted now, i'm running ICS 4.0.3 Bugless Beast R.01.18.2012, and i don't think i'll look back, in fact, i think i'll try the Matr1x Kernel

Oh and yes, the wifi hot spot works like a charm...

Edit, here is a print screen

Click to view quoted image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Absolutely try the matr1x kernel. Very good choice.

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
    crzycrkr likes this.
    01-22-2012 04:37 PM
    Absolutely try the matr1x kernel. Very good choice.

Thanks a lot Skunk, I just reloaded Matr1x kernel tonight, and so far it seems to be working great with Bugless Beast.
    01-23-2012 12:43 AM
    Thanks a lot Skunk, I just reloaded Matr1x kernel tonight, and so far it seems to be working great with Bugless Beast.
    No problem. I'm glad it's working for you.

01-23-2012 11:59 AM
    So my pestering of @sprint and @android wasn't completely falling on deaf ears!

Started with my usual: https://twitter.com/macguyinnc/statu...47427712225281
    Got this response: https://twitter.com/#!/sprintcare/st...49829311987712
    I sent back: https://twitter.com/#!/macguyinnc/st...49935683731456
    They said: https://twitter.com/#!/sprintcare/st...53017335332865
    I responded (but didn't get a response to): https://twitter.com/#!/macguyinnc/st...53595759222784
    01-26-2012 10:22 AM
    This is the key statement:

Sprint Care
    @macguyinnc keep in mind that ICS is coming from Google - not us.
    Interesting....
    01-26-2012 11:00 AM
    It's a PR person doing the tweeting though. I doubt they have any truly "inside" information.
    01-26-2012 12:15 PM
    It's a PR person doing the tweeting though. I doubt they have any truly "inside" information.
    I agree, but if they're in PR, they would know better than to release mere speculations.

I interpret their tweet to mean that Sprint is just as much in the dark about the release of ICS as we are.
    01-26-2012 02:53 PM
    I agree, but if they're in PR, they would know better than to release mere speculations.

I interpret their tweet to mean that Sprint is just as much in the dark about the release of ICS as we are.
    I agree. Which is why I'm going on Bugless Beast
    01-26-2012 04:02 PM
    I agree. Which is why I'm going on Bugless Beast
    Can't do it. Work won't allow my phone on our network due to HIPAA concerns if I put a third-party ROM on it.
    01-27-2012 08:26 AM
    Can't do it. Work won't allow my phone on our network due to HIPAA concerns if I put a third-party ROM on it.
    Are you concerned about it? How would they know?
    01-27-2012 11:21 AM
    My work is the same way so I refused to hook my phone to their network. When I was questioned why I was not connected, I told them my phone, my rules. The next day they provided Me with a company phone.

If they require you to have a phone connected to their network then they should provide the phone. I would never allow my personal phone to be subjected to work related restrictions.

crzycrkr likes this.
    01-27-2012 12:01 PM
    My work is the same way so I refused to hook my phone to their network. When I was questioned why I was not connected, I told them my phone, my rules. The next day they provided Me with a company phone.

If they require you to have a phone connected to their network then they should provide the phone. I would never allow my personal phone to be subjected to work related restrictions.

Bingo
    01-27-2012 12:18 PM
    Are you concerned about it? How would they know?
    Uhhh... Because I'm a part of the IT department.

HIPAA isn't so much about protecting the data as it is documenting things out the wazoo in the event of a breach. It's a matter of what's defense-able and what's not. If we get audited, it'd be a ding on the report, and it would be twice as bad if the "ding" came from within the IT department.

I agree, but I don't mind following the policy. I'd like ICS, but I don't feel like putting a third-party ROM on it just to get it a little sooner. I can wait.

I just wish they'd provide a timetable.
    01-27-2012 12:34 PM
    I really think ICS will be released for the nexus see 4G when sprint releases the galaxy nexus on their network.....

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    01-30-2012 01:08 AM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD