Well, look at that: Google's false advertising about the Nexus S

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Re: Well, look at that: Google's false advertising about the Nexu

First after they have saturated the market with their new baby. And then after their newly purchased Motorola.

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree with op. We all know google sells nexus devices by assuring fast updates. They have dropped the ball on us.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Quinke

May 17, 2011
Visit site

Here's the Nexus S 4G page:

Nexus S 4G

Says the same thing as the other page: "With this device, users will be the first to receive software upgrades and new Google mobile apps as soon as they become available."

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

These updates bring out the worst in us. Just remember, I love you.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I got tired of reading it on the epic forums and now tired of the crying here. It's a phone folks, not the end of the world.

We have a phone made to root and load custom roms. I promise, the ICS roms out there right now are better than what will be put out OTA from Google.

Goggles OTA for ICS broke so many phones they had to stop the push. I have several friends at work with the gsm nexus that got the OTA push and they went back to gingerbread within days of receiving the OTA. They have since rooted their phones and are running custom ICS roms. They both say are MUCH better than the OTA.

So if you are wishing for the OTA, remember the saying, Be careful of what you wish for...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Xparent Red Tapatalk

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I must have missed something. Have other, non Nexus phones, been upgraded to ICS officially? If not, and completely ignoring the fact that the Nexus S has been upgraded, then the NS4G can still be the first.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

I must have missed something. Have other, non Nexus phones, been upgraded to ICS officially? If not, and completely ignoring the fact that the Nexus S has been upgraded, then the NS4G can still be the first.

No...only tablets, afaik. I think the transformer prime and now the xoom... (?)

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
No...only tablets, afaik. I think the transformer prime and now the xoom... (?)

That's my point. No non-nexus phones have been upgraded yet, so there's no point in complaining.

Also, remember, you have a Nexus. Root, flash any one of about a dozen ICS ROMs. Very simple. I've been running ICS for almost two months.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

I got tired of reading it on the epic forums and now tired of the crying here. It's a phone folks, not the end of the world.

We have a phone made to root and load custom roms. I promise, the ICS roms out there right now are better than what will be put out OTA from Google.

Goggles OTA for ICS broke so many phones they had to stop the push. I have several friends at work with the gsm nexus that got the OTA push and they went back to gingerbread within days of receiving the OTA. They have since rooted their phones and are running custom ICS roms. They both say are MUCH better than the OTA.

So if you are wishing for the OTA, remember the saying, Be careful of what you wish for...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Xparent Red Tapatalk

The bug(s) cause "Android OS" to have extraordinarily high battery usage. That, and performance (speed, smoothness) is not at the same level as Gingerbread yet.

Solution: as stated above, custom ROMs :)

Reactions: Skunkape60

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Just my two cents but I am very happy with 2.3.7 running the ICS theme. I know it's not the same, but there's no functionality missing that makes me REALLY REALLY want a OTA of ICS immediately. I agree with that one dude, it's just a phone and after the Galaxy Nexus drops to Sprint we'll all probably get an update and then we can start a new thread about wanting an update to fix the update. :p JK...but seriously...I am happy with my phone and how it is. Anything else is extra to me...but this is just my opinion.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

That's my point. No non-nexus phones have been upgraded yet, so there's no point in complaining.

Also, remember, you have a Nexus. Root, flash any one of about a dozen ICS ROMs. Very simple. I've been running ICS for almost two months.

I'm not one of the folks complaining, actually...I was backing you up!

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site

You'll notice it doesn't say "phone" it says "device." And that's not an accident. Google's pushing for Android devices, not just phones. And it has NOT been the first (Galaxy Nexus), or second (Transformer Prime) or even third (that's the Xoom) device to get ICS.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
You'll notice it doesn't say "phone" it says "device." And that's not an accident. Google's pushing for Android devices, not just phones. And it has NOT been the first (Galaxy Nexus), or second (Transformer Prime) or even third (that's the Xoom) device to get ICS.

You'll notice it says "this device" referring to the phone. You'll also notice the Nexus S has received an update. The GN released with ICS. It shouldn't be a surprise that it came before any update. It would be silly to do it the other way.

Again, complaining about this is ridiculous. Its a Nexus, root, flash, problem solved. You're welcome. Having a Nexus and not flashing is like having a Ferrari and not taking it over 35.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site

You'll notice it says "this device" referring to the phone. You'll also notice the Nexus S has received an update. The GN released with ICS. It shouldn't be a surprise that it came before any update. It would be silly to do it the other way.

Again, complaining about this is ridiculous. Its a Nexus, root, flash, problem solved. You're welcome. Having a Nexus and not flashing is like having a Ferrari and not taking it over 35.

Given that many people use the phone for business, rooting and using alpha builds is NOT an option (and in some cases, their company won't even let them root). Just because unofficial rooting and roms are good options for you does not mean they are for everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12