01-30-2012 05:14 PM
77 123 ...
tools
    Nexus S – Google Phone Gallery
    With this device, users will be the first to receive software upgrades and new Google mobile apps as soon as they become available.
    01-17-2012 07:43 PM
    First after they have saturated the market with their new baby. And then after their newly purchased Motorola.
    01-17-2012 08:23 PM
    Doesnt the Nexus S have the latest version of ICS?

Sent from one of the following: Nexus, Bionic, or Xoom using Tapatalk
    crzycrkr likes this.
    01-17-2012 08:25 PM
    Technically, that's the Nexus S "3G", which was the first to get ICS after the Galaxy Nexus. Is there a similar page for the Nexus S 4G?

Sent from my Nexus S
    01-17-2012 08:27 PM
    I agree with op. We all know google sells nexus devices by assuring fast updates. They have dropped the ball on us.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    01-17-2012 08:41 PM
    Here's the Nexus S 4G page:

Nexus S 4G

Says the same thing as the other page: "With this device, users will be the first to receive software upgrades and new Google mobile apps as soon as they become available."
    01-17-2012 08:42 PM
    Get over it... Stop making new threads for the same old line.:what:

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Xparent Red Tapatalk
    grantheppes and gabbott like this.
    01-17-2012 08:54 PM
    These updates bring out the worst in us. Just remember, I love you.
    GeekMcLeod likes this.
    01-17-2012 10:02 PM
    I got tired of reading it on the epic forums and now tired of the crying here. It's a phone folks, not the end of the world.

We have a phone made to root and load custom roms. I promise, the ICS roms out there right now are better than what will be put out OTA from Google.

Goggles OTA for ICS broke so many phones they had to stop the push. I have several friends at work with the gsm nexus that got the OTA push and they went back to gingerbread within days of receiving the OTA. They have since rooted their phones and are running custom ICS roms. They both say are MUCH better than the OTA.

So if you are wishing for the OTA, remember the saying, Be careful of what you wish for...

Noetic_Nick and gandalf1369 like this.
    01-18-2012 06:48 AM
    Here's the Nexus S 4G page:

Nexus S 4G

Says the same thing as the other page: "With this device, users will be the first to receive software upgrades and new Google mobile apps as soon as they become available."
    ...obviously it hasn't become available yet....

Just saying.....
    01-18-2012 08:35 AM
    I must have missed something. Have other, non Nexus phones, been upgraded to ICS officially? If not, and completely ignoring the fact that the Nexus S has been upgraded, then the NS4G can still be the first.
    01-18-2012 09:31 AM
    I must have missed something. Have other, non Nexus phones, been upgraded to ICS officially? If not, and completely ignoring the fact that the Nexus S has been upgraded, then the NS4G can still be the first.
    No...only tablets, afaik. I think the transformer prime and now the xoom... (?)
    01-18-2012 09:34 AM
    No...only tablets, afaik. I think the transformer prime and now the xoom... (?)
    That's my point. No non-nexus phones have been upgraded yet, so there's no point in complaining.

Also, remember, you have a Nexus. Root, flash any one of about a dozen ICS ROMs. Very simple. I've been running ICS for almost two months.
    01-18-2012 09:56 AM
    I got tired of reading it on the epic forums and now tired of the crying here. It's a phone folks, not the end of the world.

We have a phone made to root and load custom roms. I promise, the ICS roms out there right now are better than what will be put out OTA from Google.

Goggles OTA for ICS broke so many phones they had to stop the push. I have several friends at work with the gsm nexus that got the OTA push and they went back to gingerbread within days of receiving the OTA. They have since rooted their phones and are running custom ICS roms. They both say are MUCH better than the OTA.

So if you are wishing for the OTA, remember the saying, Be careful of what you wish for...

The bug(s) cause "Android OS" to have extraordinarily high battery usage. That, and performance (speed, smoothness) is not at the same level as Gingerbread yet.

Solution: as stated above, custom ROMs
    Skunkape60 likes this.
    01-18-2012 11:43 AM
    Just my two cents but I am very happy with 2.3.7 running the ICS theme. I know it's not the same, but there's no functionality missing that makes me REALLY REALLY want a OTA of ICS immediately. I agree with that one dude, it's just a phone and after the Galaxy Nexus drops to Sprint we'll all probably get an update and then we can start a new thread about wanting an update to fix the update. :P JK...but seriously...I am happy with my phone and how it is. Anything else is extra to me...but this is just my opinion.
    01-18-2012 12:27 PM
    That's my point. No non-nexus phones have been upgraded yet, so there's no point in complaining.

Also, remember, you have a Nexus. Root, flash any one of about a dozen ICS ROMs. Very simple. I've been running ICS for almost two months.
    I'm not one of the folks complaining, actually...I was backing you up!
    01-18-2012 01:09 PM
    I'm not one of the folks complaining, actually...I was backing you up!
    I know, I was just reiterating. The second part wasn't aimed at you, just a general statement, lol
    01-18-2012 01:58 PM
    You'll notice it doesn't say "phone" it says "device." And that's not an accident. Google's pushing for Android devices, not just phones. And it has NOT been the first (Galaxy Nexus), or second (Transformer Prime) or even third (that's the Xoom) device to get ICS.
    01-18-2012 02:06 PM
    You'll notice it doesn't say "phone" it says "device." And that's not an accident. Google's pushing for Android devices, not just phones. And it has NOT been the first (Galaxy Nexus), or second (Transformer Prime) or even third (that's the Xoom) device to get ICS.
    You'll notice it says "this device" referring to the phone. You'll also notice the Nexus S has received an update. The GN released with ICS. It shouldn't be a surprise that it came before any update. It would be silly to do it the other way.

Again, complaining about this is ridiculous. Its a Nexus, root, flash, problem solved. You're welcome. Having a Nexus and not flashing is like having a Ferrari and not taking it over 35.
    01-18-2012 02:25 PM
    You'll notice it says "this device" referring to the phone. You'll also notice the Nexus S has received an update. The GN released with ICS. It shouldn't be a surprise that it came before any update. It would be silly to do it the other way.

Again, complaining about this is ridiculous. Its a Nexus, root, flash, problem solved. You're welcome. Having a Nexus and not flashing is like having a Ferrari and not taking it over 35.
    Given that many people use the phone for business, rooting and using alpha builds is NOT an option (and in some cases, their company won't even let them root). Just because unofficial rooting and roms are good options for you does not mean they are for everyone.
    01-18-2012 03:51 PM
    Given that many people use the phone for business, rooting and using alpha builds is NOT an option (and in some cases, their company won't even let them root). Just because unofficial rooting and roms are good options for you does not mean they are for everyone.
    Then what's the point in getting a Nexus device? If its for business, then bleeding edge software shouldn't be a concern. Business phones shouldn't be toys.

The ICS ROMs out there are far from alphas, even though that's what they're being called. I get better performance and battery life while being completely stable.
    01-18-2012 04:17 PM
    Then what's the point in getting a Nexus device? If its for business, then bleeding edge software shouldn't be a concern. Business phones shouldn't be toys.

The ICS ROMs out there are far from alphas, even though that's what they're being called. I get better performance and battery life while being completely stable.
    whats the point?? The point would be plain bloatfree android and the promise of a fast update.I can wait, I love gingerbread. I just wish these companys would just give a date. Even if its a far off date.
    01-18-2012 04:27 PM
    whats the point?? The point would be plain bloatfree android and the promise of a fast update.I can wait, I love gingerbread. I just wish these companys would just give a date. Even if its a far off date.
    The reason i said that was in response to people that have a Nexus as a business phone. The point is still that no non nexus phones have been updated yet, so you really can't say it isn't a fast update yet.
    The point is still that no non nexus phones have been updated yet, so you really can't say it isn't a fast update yet
    01-18-2012 05:13 PM
    Really? The roms out there right now are just as stable as gingerbread. All of the features are working as well or better than on gingerbread. So if it is your phone you have no reason not to root.

However, if the phone was bought and paid for by your employer and as such you must wait for the ota, you don't even have a dog in the fight. Is your employer complaining about his phones not having ICS yet? I seriously doubt it. :rolleyes:

crzycrkr likes this.
    01-18-2012 05:58 PM
    Really? The roms out there right now are just as stable as gingerbread. All of the features are working as well or better than on gingerbread. So if it is your phone you have no reason not to root.

However, if the phone was bought and paid for by your employer and as such you must wait for the ota, you don't even have a dog in the fight. Is your employer complaining about his phones not having ICS yet? I seriously doubt it. :rolleyes:

You have almost 1k posts now... many of which try to convince us all that we should root our phones and put ics on them. Unfortunately, I have also seen posts from you asking for help because your phone isn't working right after attempting to root with ics.

That's the kind of bs that worries me and others. These developers that put together these roms for you and others to try are talented, but I'm just not convinced the phone will be as stable as it should be. Some people on here get to be like such giddy school girls when it comes to trying out a new rom, that I think they overlook some of the basic things that absolutely MUST work for those of us that rely on our phones for business.
    01-18-2012 09:38 PM
77 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD