Question: Why does my ipad2 get emails quicker than my NS4G?

gtpimp97

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, my question is in no way meant to be inflammatory. It is oddly bothering me that the ipad sounds alerts to emails in both its native mail and its gmail apps and my phone doesn't notify me until a few seconds later.

Any ides on why this is? I've had constant weak radio issues since day 1, but I don't know that that is the issue. Could it be something in the way both os's handle push notifications? :confused:

THanks

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Strange...email comes to my GMail app on my phone before it even shows up in the browser version on my PC. I don't own an iPad, so I can't really compare...but honestly, does a few seconds even make a difference to you?

gtpimp97

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, my question is in no way meant to be inflammatory. It is oddly bothering me that the ipad sounds alerts to emails in both its native mail and its gmail apps and my phone doesn't notify me until a few seconds later.

Any ides on why this is? I've had constant weak radio issues since day 1, but I don't know that that is the issue. Could it be something in the way both os's handle push notifications? :confused:

THanks

Nope, doesn't make a difference at all. Simple curiosity is all.

downtown3641

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Gmail usually pushes to my original iPad before my phone. Sometimes it pops up on the phone first. It doesn't really matter. Generally, if I'm at home, I'm using the iPad. If I'm out and about, I usually only have my phone, so I don't even notice the difference.

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
this happens on my ipad as well as the iphone i just switched to (dropped my nexus just before vacation so borrowed one to use). actually email downloads faster as well as a lot of other things I use, and this is running ics aosp v43. Very surprised at these results since I have never used an iphone, I now see what is meant by zero lag.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Most likely it has to do with the carrier's handling of 3G/4G versus your ethernet/wifi connection. See if this still occurs if you put your phone on a wifi connection instead of 3G.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae