johnb0072

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
So I installed Google voice so I could get my voicemail in text and it has taken over my phone. I can't seem to find a way to fix it...any ideas?

Zerocool84

May 26, 2011
Visit site
In the beginning when installing Voice, you're supposed to skip the integration part. Log into your Gmail in a computer and go into Google Voice settings and disable full integration.

8616v

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Logon to the GV site and under settings make sure that calls and texts are forwarded to your phone....not your gv account. You may need to add your phone buts pretty simple.

My phone number and gv number are the same and its works just fine like voice mail should. Then go to calls and turn off call screening.

The set up is confusing and it took me a while to get it working right but once its done its done....

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I have all my calls and texts go through google voice and disabled the normal messaging app. That way I don't have texts stored on my phone and I have a full backup online.

If you do want to be less invasive, you need to change the settings in the app as well as the settings in your google voice account online at voice.google.com

johnb0072

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Ill get to work trying go figure this out. Also now when I receive a call after I slide it gives me audio ID and I have to hit one can that be fixed as well?

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I have all my calls and texts go through google voice and disabled the normal messaging app. That way I don't have texts stored on my phone and I have a full backup online.

If you do want to be less invasive, you need to change the settings in the app as well as the settings in your google voice account online at voice.google.com

But if you are using ONLY Google messaging on your phone, can you receive MMS?

chestont

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah they will still come through your normal messaging app. However if you turn off the notifications in the messaging app you may never notice receiving the mms.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC