Interesting experience with JuiceDefender

mclasser

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I had JuiceDefender with the basic settings enabled since the day I got my phone. Quite often, I would experience issues like failed incoming/outgoing text messages and calls. When making calls, the phone would just say "Dialing" and make some clicking noises and automatically disconnect. I would get errors sending texts, and get incoming texts late, or not even at all. I removed JuiceDefender off my phone the other day and since then I haven't once had any of these issues. I think the issue lies with JuiceDefender turning off the 3G antenna when the phone's in standby, and starting it up again when out of standby (sometimes fails to do this altogether and a restart is needed). I just wanted to let others know that if they have JuiceDefender or similar battery saving programs, and are experiencing problems like I had, these programs may be the culprit.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I had JuiceDefender with the basic settings enabled since the day I got my phone. Quite often, I would experience issues like failed incoming/outgoing text messages and calls. When making calls, the phone would just say "Dialing" and make some clicking noises and automatically disconnect. I would get errors sending texts, and get incoming texts late, or not even at all. I removed JuiceDefender off my phone the other day and since then I haven't once had any of these issues. I think the issue lies with JuiceDefender turning off the 3G antenna when the phone's in standby, and starting it up again when out of standby (sometimes fails to do this altogether and a restart is needed). I just wanted to let others know that if they have JuiceDefender or similar battery saving programs, and are experiencing problems like I had, these programs may be the culprit.

It's pretty well known that these programs often cause more problems than it's worth. Many even make your battery life worse. I have yet to find a single battery life app that gave me any benefit at all.

Thanks for bringing this up. Many of us just assume it's common knowledge and don't warn others.

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
It's pretty well known that these programs often cause more problems than it's worth. Many even make your battery life worse. I have yet to find a single battery life app that gave me any benefit at all.

Thanks for bringing this up. Many of us just assume it's common knowledge and don't warn others.

Never had to use one with my Nexus S 4g, but I will tell you that before I rooted my Epic 4G, JuiceDefender did in fact increase my battery life. There's no doubt about that. The TWS bug for the Epic really was a nightmare issue when I was at work some days.

After I rooted my Epic 4G, the utility of JD just disappeared.

Maybe for the unrooted user it is beneficial...

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Never had to use one with my Nexus S 4g, but I will tell you that before I rooted my Epic 4G, JuiceDefender did in fact increase my battery life. There's no doubt about that. The TWS bug for the Epic really was a nightmare issue when I was at work some days.

After I rooted my Epic 4G, the utility of JD just disappeared.

Maybe for the unrooted user it is beneficial...

Juice defender did nothing for my epic lol. If anything made my battery life worse. So did app killer.

allendj81

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I recently tried juicedefender and it didnt do smack to battery life improvement, it made worse! Ive had juicedefender since i had my Moment and it didnt do well either. So i completely uninstalled it from my ns4g, I dont think I need, ATK is just enough.

Reactions: Skunkape60

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae