02-16-2012 04:26 PM
62 123
tools
    I've been using it for almost two days now and have no significant problems. Either I'm getting better at typing on this phone or they may have improved the word correction and key board, but that is just unsubstantiated seat of the pants experience. I Odined all the TARs and can't say I've noticed any change in radio performance or battery life. Transition back and forth between 3g and 4g does not seem to have noticeably improved. I've had to pair and unpair Bluetooth a couple of times to get sound working in a Bluetooth media connection. Overall, the rom seems to have similar responsiveness to other recent ics roms.
    Gps locks faster than most roms.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    02-01-2012 05:47 PM
    I'm waiting for the OTA but I DO have a question. Are the ICS sounds (camera, keyboard, ringtones, alarms, etc.) from the GNex in this? I've had people claim the Nexus S doesn't get them, some claim their GSM Nexus S does so bah. I don't really know.

If it DOESN'T change the sounds, can't you just go into the OTA when it hits, go into system, add in the ICS OGG files, and flash with update.zip as usual? Thanks!
    02-01-2012 06:35 PM
    Reception is better. Speeds still suck. See the attached.

In order from top to bottom:
    1. Wifi in my house
    2. 3G -65 dBm
    3. 3G -65 dBm
    4. 3g -65 dBm
    5. 4G
    6. 3G -76 dBm
    7. 3G -86 dBm

Horrible.
    02-01-2012 07:29 PM
    It's nice to see this device finally getting an official ICS build.
    02-01-2012 08:24 PM
    It's nice to see this device finally getting an official ICS build.
    Remember... What is finally sent out ota made not be what we have here. This is a leaked build and the first one at that. I can't remember how many leaked builds came out for the epic until it finally got the froyo update. Paul do you happen to know how many leaked versions came out prior to the update?

Look... I'm not trying to rain on any ones parade but I'm just being cautiously optimistic.

Just flash it...
    02-01-2012 08:56 PM
    Can I flash just the radio, or wait till Pete updates his.
    02-01-2012 10:03 PM
    Can I flash just the radio, or wait till Pete updates his.
    Yes you can just flash the radio.

Just flash it...
    02-02-2012 06:44 AM
    Just flash it...
    I have noticed this line in a bunch of your posts; you should make it your .sig
    02-02-2012 06:56 AM
    I found this is also a great way to "unroot and return to stock". I used Odin, so easy from my Epic days,
    less than 5 minutes to download, unzip, open, plug in and start.

I dropped my phone, cracked screen, and was going to get around to unroot/return. Thought I would try this and see how its running vs custom roms -

1. All data stays on card (but I had backed up anyway)
    2. Completely unroots and removes any trace of csm, superuser, etc while keeping on latest and not having
    to run thru updates
    3. I do believe this is as fast as all my custom configurations. Keep in mind they do the best they can with
    what they have, that's why we "tweak"
    4. This also means root is broken, so you will have to re-root, but it does stay unlocked. Verified with Root
    Checker

So go for it if you are stock. I am actually going to stay stock, and play with it. I can't tell phone service, I am
    on another so just using wifi, can't really tell any differences one way or the other, but I'm home setting next to
    router.
    If you are rooted and have cwm, these rooted stocks are popping up over at xda.
    02-02-2012 09:18 AM
    I have noticed this line in a bunch of your posts; you should make it your .sig
    It is my signature....

Just flash it...
    02-02-2012 09:40 AM
    For fans of Peter Alfonso, he released his Odexed version as well
    02-02-2012 11:38 AM
    The proximity sensor response to turn screen back on does not work properly. It seems sluggish or often does not turn the screen back on. In addition , I received a phone call during an ongoing phone conversation, and the screen was to dim in the daylight to see who was calling me.

02-02-2012 12:57 PM
    the files are down....what happened?
    02-02-2012 06:26 PM
    The proximity sensor response to turn screen back on does not work properly. It seems sluggish or often does not turn the screen back on. In addition , I received a phone call during an ongoing phone conversation, and the screen was to dim in the daylight to see who was calling me.

I'm having the same issues. I made a call to Sprint actually about my service, and when the call was finished I realized there were a bunch of 3's across my screen although it wasn't on. Only thing I can think of was the touch screen was still active. Any ideas?
    02-02-2012 08:36 PM
    It is my signature....

Just flash it...
    Of course...
    02-02-2012 09:17 PM

yea there does seem to be quite a lag. and also not only is there no face unlock but also i am not able to take any screen shots. But other than that all radios work fine. Havent tried out bluetooth yet but i would assume to be working fine also. Anyone else have any problems with taking screen shots?
    02-03-2012 05:07 PM
    I hope you all are letting google know about the issues so they can fix them, right?
    02-04-2012 01:43 AM
    Also certain features such as home screen rotation, digital zoom for pictures, and taking still camera shots while taking a video are missing features in Android 4.0.4 on the Nexus S 4G.
    02-04-2012 04:14 AM
    Also certain features such as home screen rotation, digital zoom for pictures, and taking still camera shots while taking a video are missing features in Android 4.0.4 on the Nexus S 4G.
    None of these features actually exist in ICS. You're talking about custom features added on by the dev community. Digital zoom doesn't exist on the Nexus S (4G or otherwise).
    02-06-2012 02:53 PM
    None of these features actually exist in ICS. You're talking about custom features added on by the dev community. Digital zoom doesn't exist on the Nexus S (4G or otherwise).
    All of those features mentioned are present in the stock Galaxy nexus so why wouldnt they be in the nexus s
    02-06-2012 07:20 PM
    All of those features mentioned are present in the stock Galaxy nexus so why wouldnt they be in the nexus s
    There is no home screen rotation for the Galaxy Nexus.

As for the camera-based features, the Nexus S doesn't have as good a camera as the Galaxy Nexus so it only makes sense that they wouldn't be in ICS for the Nexus S. If the Nexus S could do digital zoom, it would've been able to do it while originally on Gingerbread.

Also, the camera issues are the reason that Face Unlock doesn't exist on the Nexus S.
    02-06-2012 07:30 PM
    I loaded this build on our work Nexus S 4G. Overall, I like it. There are some things it's faster at than the 4S and other things slower. It's still choppy in some places, but it's not final build either....at least I hope not. It crashed and rebooted once because of an app, but I think it's because that app isn't ICS ready yet. I do wish there was a quicker way to silence the phone instead of making a widget shortcut. Too bad they took that away from the lock screen. If anyone knows a workaround without a widget, let me know. I think I read that screenshots aren't ready yet, but that's fine.

I do notice now that whenever it boots up, there is unlocked symbol at the bottom. Maybe I did something wrong when flashing it, but I'd like to get rid of that. How do I do that?
    02-06-2012 10:53 PM
    How do you go back to stock gingerbread once you install this version of ICS? Also if not going back to gingerbread will the new OTA ICS override 4.04 on your phone?
    02-07-2012 03:19 AM
    So can you please explain why the nexus s can have home screen rotation but not on the nexus s 4g?!
    02-07-2012 11:37 AM
    How do you go back to stock gingerbread once you install this version of ICS? Also if not going back to gingerbread will the new OTA ICS override 4.04 on your phone?
    If you want to go back to GB and wait for the OTA update, you can try the following links:

Return to stock method #1

Return to stock method #2

ACS has a one-click root program that will work both ways; I love this program. It will take a stock phone and root it. Conversely, it will take a rooted phone and take it back to stock.

Alternately, if you want to look no further than Android Central, you can go here.
    02-07-2012 11:50 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD