Android 4.0.4 Nexus s 4G

omeg12121293

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
The proximity sensor response to turn screen back on does not work properly. It seems sluggish or often does not turn the screen back on. In addition , I received a phone call during an ongoing phone conversation, and the screen was to dim in the daylight to see who was calling me.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

yea there does seem to be quite a lag. and also not only is there no face unlock but also i am not able to take any screen shots. But other than that all radios work fine. Havent tried out bluetooth yet but i would assume to be working fine also. Anyone else have any problems with taking screen shots?

Makinola

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Also certain features such as home screen rotation, digital zoom for pictures, and taking still camera shots while taking a video are missing features in Android 4.0.4 on the Nexus S 4G.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Also certain features such as home screen rotation, digital zoom for pictures, and taking still camera shots while taking a video are missing features in Android 4.0.4 on the Nexus S 4G.

None of these features actually exist in ICS. You're talking about custom features added on by the dev community. Digital zoom doesn't exist on the Nexus S (4G or otherwise).

omeg12121293

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
None of these features actually exist in ICS. You're talking about custom features added on by the dev community. Digital zoom doesn't exist on the Nexus S (4G or otherwise).

All of those features mentioned are present in the stock Galaxy nexus so why wouldnt they be in the nexus s

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
All of those features mentioned are present in the stock Galaxy nexus so why wouldnt they be in the nexus s

There is no home screen rotation for the Galaxy Nexus.

As for the camera-based features, the Nexus S doesn't have as good a camera as the Galaxy Nexus so it only makes sense that they wouldn't be in ICS for the Nexus S. If the Nexus S could do digital zoom, it would've been able to do it while originally on Gingerbread.

Also, the camera issues are the reason that Face Unlock doesn't exist on the Nexus S.

ghostface147

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I loaded this build on our work Nexus S 4G. Overall, I like it. There are some things it's faster at than the 4S and other things slower. It's still choppy in some places, but it's not final build either....at least I hope not. It crashed and rebooted once because of an app, but I think it's because that app isn't ICS ready yet. I do wish there was a quicker way to silence the phone instead of making a widget shortcut. Too bad they took that away from the lock screen. If anyone knows a workaround without a widget, let me know. I think I read that screenshots aren't ready yet, but that's fine.

I do notice now that whenever it boots up, there is unlocked symbol at the bottom. Maybe I did something wrong when flashing it, but I'd like to get rid of that. How do I do that?

eblackman

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
How do you go back to stock gingerbread once you install this version of ICS? Also if not going back to gingerbread will the new OTA ICS override 4.04 on your phone?

Makinola

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

So can you please explain why the nexus s can have home screen rotation but not on the nexus s 4g?!

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
How do you go back to stock gingerbread once you install this version of ICS? Also if not going back to gingerbread will the new OTA ICS override 4.04 on your phone?

If you want to go back to GB and wait for the OTA update, you can try the following links:

Return to stock method #1

Return to stock method #2

ACS has a one-click root program that will work both ways; I love this program. It will take a stock phone and root it. Conversely, it will take a rooted phone and take it back to stock.

Alternately, if you want to look no further than Android Central, you can go here.

Makinola

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Oh okay, is there a way to check if the radio's are stronger because I feel like my data and wifi isn't as strong when I activate both of them.

rstout76

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I flashed it and the proximity sensor seemed ok but my wifi would lock up all the time. I just went back to stock. I guess it's back to waiting.