04-28-2012 05:40 PM
568 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Interesting - though I noted in the link you provided that it looks like I need to be rooted. I'm trying to avoid "messing" with my phone like that until after my initial year's warranty runs out. This isn't something that can be done from within the bootloader, is it?
    Actually you can flash the radio.img from the bootloader but you will have to unlock your bootloader to do so which wipes "erases" your device.

If your interested, you can grab the IMM26D_Fastboot_Install.zip package which has the necessary tools inside it from the thread below.

[ICS][4.0.4][NS4G] ICS 4.0.4. IMM26D FASTBOOT Installation Method

• Extract that zip package to your C:/ drive on your computer.
    • Power your device into the bootloader (Volume UP+Power)
    • Connect you device via cable to computer
    • Click on the file called "command prompt.bat" inside that folder of tools you extracted. This will open a command window.
    • Enter the following codes below to unlock & flash the radio.

:: Unlock the bootloader ::

Code:
    fastboot oem unlock

:: Flash the radio ::

signed_radio.zip (Extract this zip file to the folder of tools you downloaded/extracted)

Code:
    fastboot flash radio signed_radio.img
    When finished select reboot from your bootloader screen.
    04-02-2012 04:50 PM
    If I decide to flash this rom, will i still be able to recieve furture OTA'S on it. And how stable is this, is it really the official.
    04-02-2012 05:45 PM
    If I decide to flash this rom, will i still be able to recieve furture OTA'S on it. And how stable is this, is it really the official.
    It depends. If Sprint does use this as the final version, then you will still receive OTAs. You never know, however, and things could be changed in the final OTA and this could be Beta where as the first leak could've been Alpha stage.

I'd say you should just err on the side of caution and if you flash this, flash back to stock, locked bootloader 2.3.7 when the OTA does come.

As for stability, it's infinitely more stable than 2.3.7 was for me. Practically no slow downs and it's even fixed the sound issue I was having where I could hear absolutely nothing on Media or Ringtone if the sound was "Medium" or below.
    04-02-2012 06:19 PM
    Im trying to install it but how do i get passed the unlock bootloader screen? theres no options and im trying to press the power button and nothing comes up.
    04-02-2012 06:28 PM
    Im trying to install it but how do i get passed the unlock bootloader screen? theres no options and im trying to press the power button and nothing comes up.
    What instructions are you following to do so?

I have two threads here to flash this.
    One using Odin and the other thread using fastboot
    04-02-2012 07:00 PM
    The odin method but I downloaded everything but when its time to go into download mode it takes me to the unlock bootloader screen with nothing to press. It shows that the bootloader is already unlocked but I cant do anything. I have to take the battery out each time in order to get my phone to come on again.
    04-02-2012 07:20 PM
    The odin method but I downloaded everything but when its time to go into download mode it takes me to the unlock bootloader screen with nothing to press. It shows that the bootloader is already unlocked but I cant do anything. I have to take the battery out each time in order to get my phone to come on again.
    The Odin method works for some without issue and not for others..

I recommend trying the Fastboot method I provided. Seems to go off without a hitch for those having trouble with Odin.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...on-method.html
    04-02-2012 07:24 PM
    Okay ill give this one a go and ill let you know how it goes. Thanks.
    04-02-2012 07:29 PM
    Actually you can flash the radio.img from the bootloader but you will have to unlock your bootloader to do so which wipes "erases" your device.
    Hm. Alright. I'm honestly too lazy to mess around with that much work right now, so I guess I'll continue waiting for the OTA. Hopefully this week or next.

Thanks for the answers.
    04-02-2012 07:32 PM
    Hm. Alright. I'm honestly too lazy to mess around with that much work right now, so I guess I'll continue waiting for the OTA. Hopefully this week or next.

Thanks for the answers.
    No problem.. Completely understandable about waiting on the OTA update..
    04-02-2012 07:37 PM
    I don't notice much of a difference in speed. The new build doesn't have the bug where the keyboard would get stuck when exiting out of an app which is good.
    I'm noticing a significant increase in speed, especially when changing launcher screens. Launching apps is significantly faster than the previous 4.0.4 build that was out there as well. I can also launch "Crackle", which on the old build would crash upon launching a video.
    Battery life seems much better on this build as well. Previously after leaving work my battery would be under 50%, right now (and after a lot of goofing off) my battery is at 73% after a full day.
    The screen is much more responsive as well to touch.
    04-02-2012 07:59 PM
    You'll have to unlock the bootloader a different way. It looks like they disabled the actual radio buttons on the screen on some phones. I had the same issue previously and used the OneClick method to unlock it.

This worked quickly and effectively, just make sure you follow the instructions and choose the correct phone.
    04-02-2012 08:03 PM
    Hey how do I install the Driver RAR on my pc because when i put the usb, the drivers dont install properly. I have Win Rar to extract them
    04-02-2012 08:08 PM
    Hey how do I install the Driver RAR on my pc because when i put the usb, the drivers dont install properly. I have Win Rar to extract them
    Install PDAnet instead. That's what I did and it's easy
    04-02-2012 08:19 PM
    Thanks the fast boot method worked and using PDAnet made everything much easier. Now i have ICS.
    Paul627g likes this.
    04-02-2012 11:05 PM
    I don't know the first thing about rooting so I will definitely hope and pray for an ota.
    04-03-2012 01:45 AM
    Looks like this leak of 4.0.4 is unfinished as well as there's no Tags app.

It shows up in the app list, but is no where to be found on the rest of the OS.

Still pretty stable and I barely used Tags anyway. Still interesting to note though.
    04-03-2012 03:19 AM
    Looks like this leak of 4.0.4 is unfinished as well as there's no Tags app.

It shows up in the app list, but is no where to be found on the rest of the OS.

Still pretty stable and I barely used Tags anyway. Still interesting to note though.
    Tags as a standalone app is dead. That was announced some time ago.

http://searchenginewatch.com/article...m-Coordination

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    04-03-2012 04:11 AM
    Tags as a standalone app is dead. That was announced some time ago.

Google Tags Out With Bad Team Coordination - Search Engine Watch (#SEW)

That's not the Tag I'm talking about.

I mean the NFC Tags app that is available in the Nexus S using the NFC chip. If you are running 2.3.x, go to the App Drawer and you'll see an app called "Tags". It uses NFC to share information.

If you have the latest 4.0.4 leak, go into Settings > Apps > All and you'll notice that Tags is there but if you go into the App Drawer, it's not there where as it should be.
    04-03-2012 04:20 AM
    For anyone that is rooted on Cyanogen Mod 9...does your screen flicker periodically when you start an app that has a predominantly white screen to start? (Broswer, twitter etc)

?

It stopped for a while but my phone is doing it again and it had never done it prior to installing this ROM. It flickers slightly right before the respective app starts..any idea how to fix this? Or how to make the keys vibrate when I press em? (even though its set to vibrate on press)
    04-03-2012 04:04 PM
    That's not the Tag I'm talking about.

I mean the NFC Tags app that is available in the Nexus S using the NFC chip. If you are running 2.3.x, go to the App Drawer and you'll see an app called "Tags". It uses NFC to share information.

If you have the latest 4.0.4 leak, go into Settings > Apps > All and you'll notice that Tags is there but if you go into the App Drawer, it's not there where as it should be.
    No, that's the tags app. It was sunsetted last year, but they did not remove it from phones in subsequent updates. That's why the Galaxy nexus does not have it.

04-03-2012 04:19 PM
    No, that's the tags app. It was sunsetted last year, but they did not remove it from phones in subsequent updates. That's why the Galaxy nexus does not have it.

It looks like you might be right, actually! My bad.

Looks like it's nothing more than a background service in 4.0.x instead of an app.

Carry on. :P
    04-03-2012 11:16 PM
    It looks like you might be right, actually! My bad.

Looks like it's nothing more than a background service in 4.0.x instead of an app.

Carry on. :P
    No worries. I remember when they did it because I had a nexus s and actually found the app to be interesting to use. They just folded it into other apps, I believe.

04-04-2012 02:44 AM
    No worries. I remember when they did it because I had a nexus s and actually found the app to be interesting to use. They just folded it into other apps, I believe.

I never got to use the app. Did it actually work where you live?

I've never seen those Tag place things around Omaha... Hell, the only place that has NFC that I know of are McD's and Best Buy. I'll probably spend the rest of my free $10 on a game or something.

I wonder what the service itself does in ICS. Anyone know?
    04-04-2012 03:58 PM
    I never got to use the app. Did it actually work where you live?

I've never seen those Tag place things around Omaha... Hell, the only place that has NFC that I know of are McD's and Best Buy. I'll probably spend the rest of my free $10 on a game or something.

I wonder what the service itself does in ICS. Anyone know?
    It probably is still tied in with the NFC back end. Would be interesting to know for sure though.
    04-04-2012 07:42 PM
568 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD