ICS Update for the Nexus S 4G Discussion Thread

plee82

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
That's the only thing you can do until somebody gets the URL for the OTA and posts it here ;) Then we can all download it and update manually through recovery.

WallaceD

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Question for the experts here.

I am no longer with Sprint (jumped ship to Verizon) but I still have my trusty Nexus S 4G, which I occasionally use on Wifi.

Is there any way I can receive the ICS update via OTA? If not, how may I obtain it?

Thanks in advance, guys.

Reactions: yibrushn

thisizsic

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
well if sprint's ota is the same build as what was leaked a few days ago then you guys can go ahead and do the install yourself. i'm sure you can easily find that. that's what i did and i'm pretty happy with ics. i'm not sure if it's me or not, but my battery life isn't that great. i've been lightly using it (only to text) for the past 4-5 hours and i'm already at 50%. went from 94% - 50%.

kuoirad

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
well if sprint's ota is the same build as what was leaked a few days ago then you guys can go ahead and do the install yourself. i'm sure you can easily find that. that's what i did and i'm pretty happy with ics. i'm not sure if it's me or not, but my battery life isn't that great. i've been lightly using it (only to text) for the past 4-5 hours and i'm already at 50%. went from 94% - 50%.

It seems it is, but the ways to install that leak, afaict, all involve rooting and the phone being wiped - don't want to mess with that. I'll wait for the OTA to roll to me or the download link to be found....

yibrushn

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Question for the experts here.

I am no longer with Sprint (jumped ship to Verizon) but I still have my trusty Nexus S 4G, which I occasionally use on Wifi.

Is there any way I can receive the ICS update via OTA? If not, how may I obtain it?

Thanks in advance, guys.

I have the same question.
Thanks!

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
My day has come! Lol.

Hope sooner than later. Having problems sending mms and such. Wanna wipe clean back to stock and get the ota.

Gonna wait till I hear it start rolling out. Ics with bugs is still better than gb for a few days. Lol.

plee82

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't think this update is rolling yet. What are the chances that nobody posting in the forums hasn't got it yet. Even XDA, this site and other android websites, people are not receiving it yet.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
That's the only thing you can do until somebody gets the URL for the OTA and posts it here ;) Then we can all download it and update manually through recovery.

It's been on xda for a while now. There is also links to it in the rooting, roms and hacks forum. It is EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE OTA.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Except the OTA (afaik) doesn't require root to install via odin or fastboot nor will it (probably) wipe your phone.

You recalled correctly. The OTA won't require Oden or root. All you need to do is rename it to update.zip, boot into the bootloader, select it from SD Card, and you're done.

Nor will it wipe your phone.

Reactions: jimijames

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital