No More 4G After ICS Update?

onefutui2e

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

First post here. I recently got my Nexus S 4G from Sprint and decided to mess around and run the leaked ICS 4.0.4 update on it. Everything's working great except that now I don't seem to be getting a 4G connection anymore. I've enabled it in my settings but underneath the option it says "disconnected" and the icon never shows.

Is this a known issue or is there another way to enable 4G?

Thanks in advance for the help!

onefutui2e

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm home right now and i haven't had a chance to really use it here prior to updating (I just got it over the weekend and was away, actually). So there's a chance I might just not be getting 4G here. I'll update tomorrow when I get into work; I'm positive I have 4G service there.

Since this is the unofficial update, would CM9 still work?

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
This "update" is most likely unfinished. A lot of bugs have been noticed on XDA since they found the leak. Some have had 4G issues and some haven't.

It's been noticed that it still has remnants of Gingerbread left over such as the loading circles and the sounds, the GSM Nexus S OTA doesn't have these. There have also been problems with the proximity sensor. I'd say this is an unfinished "official" update and don't expect it to work perfectly or anything.

I'm sure the actual OTA will have bugs too as is normal, but the proximity sensor and broken WiMax are pretty big bugs that Sprint will want ironed out before they give it to the masses.

ghostface147

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure the actual OTA will have bugs too as is normal, but the proximity sensor and broken WiMax are pretty big bugs that Sprint will want ironed out before they give it to the masses.

Yep, the proximity sensor is trash right now. Annoying, but that's the price you pay for using unfinished code.

Makinola

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
The WiMax works when I first updated to 4.0.4 I also thought it wasn't working. The way 4G works now is that its all in the same signal status bar. When you look up you see that it says 3G so when you connect to a 4G network it will change to 4G instead of creating another signal bar. Also since you updated it to 4.0.4 have you been getting SMS issues because I have.