08-02-2012 03:58 AM
38 12
tools
    I can't seem to get into ODIN download mode on the device. Running custom ICS rom currently. Holding down both VOL UP+DOWN then tapping power just boots the device. What am I missing?

EDIT: never mind I'm a moron. Was pressing power too long.
    Is your bootloader unlocked already?

I am still having problems... grr
    02-17-2012 10:59 AM
    So what's the story? is the 'leak' still wreaking havoc with the proximity sensor and wifi? is it just happening with a few folks or is it widespread?
    02-17-2012 07:01 PM
    So what's the story? is the 'leak' still wreaking havoc with the proximity sensor and wifi? is it just happening with a few folks or is it widespread?
    I have the proximity sensor issue but it's not even that big of a deal. Wifi works perfect for me though. I flashed the latest radio.
    02-17-2012 09:43 PM
    Hay Paul I have another Brain Tickler:
    Say I rerooted my phone and installed the leaked ics rom and restored all my previous settings and data. Now could I use BWM to back up a copy of that data, unroot and Odin install the leak and use BWM to restore my settings?

I was wondering if this was a work around for those that wanted the update now but wanted the OTA when sprint releases it. Like a best of both worlds
    02-17-2012 11:34 PM
    alrighty ive come to a little snag, heres what i did:

1.i used BWM and made a back up
    2. i restored my phone back to gingerbread stock(still rooted)
    3. used one click nexus s root ver 3 to unroot my device
    4. checked to see if i still had data (app data) then i confirmed i was unrooted
    5. started odin
    6. pulled battery, held volume up and down then clicked power. this then brought me to the "unlock bootloader?" page with no options on the bottom. i seen that it wasnt the download mode, so i battery pulled a couple of times and no download mode, but i thought i would try to continue anyway
    7. connected nexus to computer, pc recognized the connection but odin doesnt

so yeah... thats where i am, kinda stuck. if you can help me out i would like to continue to try your BWM suggestion
    I had this same problem. I used the one click root process only to the point of unlocking. Then I closed the script and started Odin... phone went right into dl mode and the Odin process went smooth as silk.
    02-18-2012 12:16 AM
    Hay Paul I have another Brain Tickler:
    Say I rerooted my phone and installed the leaked ics rom and restored all my previous settings and data. Now could I use BWM to back up a copy of that data, unroot and Odin install the leak and use BWM to restore my settings?

I was wondering if this was a work around for those that wanted the update now but wanted the OTA when sprint releases it. Like a best of both worlds
    Yes I think so. With the BWM as long as your backing up and restoring on ICS your fine. The actual backup data resides on your computer so that is safe. The data that is being backed up is only that, data/settings... No actual system files are being saved so there shouldn't be any worries about conflicting ICS versions.

Anyhow it's worth a shot, probably work

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    02-18-2012 01:48 AM
    Rooted and flashed.

Loving ICS so far. Had a couple of random restarts, but the radios seem stronger.

02-19-2012 11:43 AM
    Rooted and flashed.

Loving ICS so far. Had a couple of random restarts, but the radios seem stronger.

What ROM and Kernel did you go with?
    02-19-2012 06:44 PM
    What ROM and Kernel did you go with?
    It was stock kernel and the leaked ROM.

Now, I am on Matr1x kernel with Peter Alfonso's ICS nightly. It's nice and smooth.
    02-20-2012 09:31 AM
    I'm still having a problem with Odin.After re-rooting my NS4G I was finally able to get into download mode. I reinstalled pdanet and Odin, but Odin doesn't see my phone. Oddly, my pc recognizes my phone when connecting my phone. I want my phone ICS'd but I don't really want it rooted
    02-20-2012 03:00 PM
    <ID:0/003> Added!!
    <ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
    <ID:0/003> File analysis..
    <ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/003> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
    thats what i keep getting what can i do to make it work ?
    03-20-2012 05:07 PM
    For those whose NS4G isnt recognized by odin, you might want to download and install the android sdk provided in the "how to root" section provided by Paul627g. I was having major problems with this last month, and i already installed pdanet. Just install sdk, and download/update all the samsung device files. After that odin was able to see my NS4G. I've been running the leak and its really great, I just have phone proximity issues.
    03-24-2012 01:08 PM
    My NS4G still is not recognized by Odin... and I have I believe I have all the samsung device files updated... any ideas?

EDIT
    So got Odin to connect but for some odd reason no matter what when I try to write a new system I get stuck in a forever hang time! What can I do to fix this?
    08-02-2012 03:58 AM
38 12