[ICS] ICS Leak 4.0.4

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
[INFO]Just throwing this out since it seems people are having problems finding the downloads... This was the same package & instructions that were first leaked on the ICS 4.0.4 package that I downloaded and saved for my own personal use.

This does not require root or root your device. This is just pushing the ICS 4.0.4 leak to your device and nothing more. You can root this if you choose by seeing our Rooting guides in the Rooting & Hacking section.[/INFO]

[WARN]Neither Android Central or myself take any responsibility or credit for using this... Flash at your own risk.[/WARN]

Odin 1.81

ICS 4.0.4 package

Instructions...

1. Download the above 2 files.
2. Using 7zip extract the contents of the IMM26.zip to a place on your computer
3. Run the Odin3+v1.81.exe file on your computer
4. Power off your device (phone)
5. Press and Hold Volume Up+Down together and while continuing to hold momentarily TAP the POWER button. You should then be in Download Mode.
6. Plug in your device to your computer using your USB cable.
7. If a connection is made between your device & computer you will see a YELLOW light up box under ID:COM in the upper left hand corner of ODIN with some numbers inside the box (ignore the numbers).

USING THE FILES YOU EXTRACTED....

8. Place the SPH-D720_IMM26_KE1_BOOTLOAD_signed.tar in the BOOTLOADER slot
9. Place the SPH-D720_IMM26_KL2_Modem_signed.tar in the PHONE SLOT
10. Place the SPH-D720_IMM26_PDA_signed.tar in the PDA SLOT
11. Make sure AUTO REBOOT & F. RESET TIME are checked and PRESS START.
12. If all goes well you will reboot into ICS 4.0.4

The attached screenshot below shows how your Odin program should be setup with the proper files in the proper spots.

Good luck!

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
i have a question, if i were to flash this on my cousin's unrooted NS4G, will it erase all her data(sd storage, app, and game data)?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
From my understanding SDCARD storage remains untouched.

Any system app data, settings will probably be overwritten by the new OS.

There is one option available... Its still in beta but it works, I've used it and it may save your data and stuff in this situation....

[BETA] Backup Wonder Machine (no root, ICS only)

You could try this new app out, first backup the device as is now per instructions. Then update to the new ICS Leak and once your booted up and signed in, do the restore....

If you do this, please report back with results.

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
okay i think ill try it on my phone first (since she would come at me swinging an axe on a three headed horse if i delete her angry birds stats)

ill be back in about 10-15 mins

eblackman

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Every time i hold down the up down volume button and tap the power button i keep getting the unlock boot loader screen and when i plug my phone in all the drivers download except one

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
alrighty ive come to a little snag, heres what i did:

1.i used BWM and made a back up
2. i restored my phone back to gingerbread stock(still rooted)
3. used one click nexus s root ver 3 to unroot my device
4. checked to see if i still had data (app data) then i confirmed i was unrooted
5. started odin
6. pulled battery, held volume up and down then clicked power. this then brought me to the "unlock bootloader?" page with no options on the bottom. i seen that it wasnt the download mode, so i battery pulled a couple of times and no download mode, but i thought i would try to continue anyway
7. connected nexus to computer, pc recognized the connection but odin doesnt

so yeah... thats where i am, kinda stuck. if you can help me out i would like to continue to try your BWM suggestion

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
BWM, is only for ICS at the moment... Sorry I forgot to mention that, but I think Jerry also has that written in the thread too..

So the BWM is of no use currently for GB. Sorry :(

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I actually noted seeing that when looking over BWM while downloading it, i thought you were trying to see if you cracked some code by testing it on gingerbread (and i thought it was REALLY kewl being Paul627G's guinea pig) =D

oh well, she'll have to wait like the rest of us ;)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Well hopefully the rumor is true and tomorrow will start the roll out of official ICS ;)

Glad you had fun, wish it would of worked but its an ICS based backup that isn't available for GB... I wish it was too, there would be so many people that it could benefit.

Makinola

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Since the phone is not rooted does that mean that the update that will be rolling out tomorrow still be able to get pushed to the phone or does this leaked ICS mean we are already updated?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The official release should be different from the leaked version.. In terms of bug fixes from the leak.

Makinola

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for clearing that up, so that means my NS4G will still get the update since I only unlocked the bootloader with that IMM26 rom update.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I know it would if you were unlocked on the latest official GB... I'm not 100% on the leak but I would think so.

bizzzle

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
My phone is unlocked, and i don't know if that has anything to do with this, but i was having trouble getting into download mode too. This worked for me. Plug USB cable into computer, Battery Cycle NS4G, do not turn on. Hold Vol+ and Vol- , and while holding, connect USB cable. Without touching the power button, this got me into download mode. Good luck.

I have a question that's bothering the heck out of me. Hopefully somebody can help me out.

I just successfully finished installing the IMM26 ICS 4.0.4 leaked files using Odin. All update instructions say to download 3 separate files:
Odin, IMM26.zip, and IMM26.7z.
And to unzip IMM26.zip files, resulting in 3 .tar files.
These 3 .tar files are loaded in Odin to flash the 6 things onto your phone (boot, bootloader, recovery, radio, system, userdata)

During the install process, nothing is mentioned about the IMM26.7z kernel files, and the files aren't used anywhere in this process from what i can see. Nobody explains how to update the kernel with these files. Am i missing something? Can anybody clear things up for me?
Thanks

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
My phone is unlocked, and i don't know if that has anything to do with this, but i was having trouble getting into download mode too. This worked for me. Plug USB cable into computer, Battery Cycle NS4G, do not turn on. Hold Vol+ and Vol- , and while holding, connect USB cable. Without touching the power button, this got me into download mode. Good luck.

I have a question that's bothering the heck out of me. Hopefully somebody can help me out.

I just successfully finished installing the IMM26 ICS 4.0.4 leaked files using Odin. All update instructions say to download 3 separate files:
These 3 .tar files are loaded in Odin to flash the 6 things onto your phone (boot, bootloader, recovery, radio, system, userdata)

During the install process, nothing is mentioned about the IMM26.7z kernel files, and the files aren't used anywhere in this process from what i can see. Nobody explains how to update the kernel with these files. Am i missing something? Can anybody clear things up for me?
Thanks

The boot.img file is the kernel so it is loaded as part of the process. I do all six manually with fastboot command in bootloader fwiw...

Sent from my Kindle Fire

bizzzle

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
The boot.img file is the kernel so it is loaded as part of the process. I do all six manually with fastboot command in bootloader fwiw...

Sent from my Kindle Fire

So why do all the instructions say to download the .7z file?: IMM26.7z (Contains Kernel For ICS Wimax IDK Stuff), then not explain what to do with it?

eblackman

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

Thanks

HEy bizzle sorry dude i tried that and i still keep getting the unlocked bootloader screen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech