02-17-2012 07:00 PM
92 1234
tools
    These forums are so quiet compared to what PreCentral was like back when an update was due.
    No, not really.. The Palm Pre was one model of phone and was the only phone using that OS.

These forums contain so many sub-forums with so many other Android OS phones in them.. If you combined all those posts into one forum, I guarantee, you'll have more posts.

I know this, I was a Palm Pre fanboy til July of last year.
    02-16-2012 02:48 PM
    So....Im on the oICS rom......when the OTA is going out to all the NS4gs, do I have to return to the stock gingerbread rom (with my custom recovery) to recieve and install the update? Or do I have to completely unroot, take off custom recovery to get the OTA?
    02-16-2012 03:00 PM
    So far, no update. Looks like the "leak" is bust. =|

Still 8 hours left in the day I suppose...
    fuzzeeman likes this.
    02-16-2012 03:13 PM
    No, not really.. The Palm Pre was one model of phone and was the only phone using that OS.

These forums contain so many sub-forums with so many other Android OS phones in them.. If you combined all those posts into one forum, I guarantee, you'll have more posts.

I know this, I was a Palm Pre fanboy til July of last year.
    Yes. That is the obvious statement. Well done.

However, overall the forums are still quiet imo.

And this thread is especially quiet given the imminent arrival of ICS for NS4G.
    02-16-2012 03:13 PM
    02-16-2012 04:06 PM
    Seems like every few weeks there is a hot, single-sourced rumor about updates or new releases. They are almost always incorrect. Yet we (including myself) always go into panting mode. LOL.
    02-16-2012 04:22 PM
    so did this official update ever come?
    02-16-2012 06:05 PM
    There's been no confirmation that it was even released. It could just be dumb luck that everyone who got the update in the first wave doesn't use forums, or they simply haven't reported it.
    02-16-2012 06:15 PM
    I'm sure a tech/cellphone website would have reported on this if it were true. I haven't seen anything about this anywhere other than rumors.
    02-16-2012 06:28 PM
    Yes. That is the obvious statement. Well done.

However, overall the forums are still quiet imo.

And this thread is especially quiet given the imminent arrival of ICS for NS4G.
    I don't think you get it though.. People went to the PreCentral forums, to a single forum because the Palm Pre had a LOT of users there.. The Nexus S is really not that popular of a phone compared to the HTCs and Moto Droids of the world..

BUT if you weeded through allllll of the "I heard ICS is coming" threads in ALL of the AndroidCentral forums, I seriously think you'd see many many more posts than in the Precentral rooms.

Another reason it's so quiet is because people get tired of the "crying wolf" syndrome.. We've heard and anticipated this update for so long, that everyone is just tired of speculating and moving on with their lives.
    02-16-2012 06:51 PM
    I don't think you get it though.. People went to the PreCentral forums, to a single forum because the Palm Pre had a LOT of users there.. The Nexus S is really not that popular of a phone compared to the HTCs and Moto Droids of the world..

BUT if you weeded through allllll of the "I heard ICS is coming" threads in ALL of the AndroidCentral forums, I seriously think you'd see many many more posts than in the Precentral rooms.

Another reason it's so quiet is because people get tired of the "crying wolf" syndrome.. We've heard and anticipated this update for so long, that everyone is just tired of speculating and moving on with their lives.
    Erm, thanks...
    02-16-2012 07:18 PM
    Erm, thanks...
    Anti social user of social messaging boards, hmm.
    02-16-2012 07:28 PM
    so, back on topic...

anyone? anyone?
    bueller?....bueller?...
    02-16-2012 07:28 PM
    Los Angeles nothing yet

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    02-16-2012 08:01 PM
    so, back on topic...

anyone? anyone?
    bueller?....bueller?...
    Naw. Like practically every other single-sourced rumor,it is just a fake. It is fun cause we all fall for it. If you look back, they are almost all false.

Oh well, *my* source says the OTA drops Feb 17.
    02-16-2012 08:04 PM
    Nothing to report from the Midwest
    02-16-2012 08:11 PM
    I feel for you guys. Hopefully soon. I couldn't wait anymore so I rooted last month and flaahed the bugless beast Rom by Peter Alfonso. Never going back.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    02-16-2012 08:16 PM
    nothing in NY so far as of 9:20pm EST
    02-16-2012 08:22 PM
    Erm, thanks...
    You've really said a lot. Gotta love over the top internet sarcasm. Really, if you have nothing decent worth saying don't say anything.
    02-16-2012 08:25 PM
    http://i.imgur.com/9sXZB.png

Someone on the Android Police article claims to work for Sprint and posted this, saying this is what showed up when he signed in into the internal site.

He claims that Sprint is still on track to do it...despite the day almost being over.

Yeah...I doubt this is coming, honestly.
    02-16-2012 08:30 PM
    Nothing here in MI (i know location is not the deciding factor)

If they manage to get the OTA out it will be HI time zone
    02-16-2012 08:45 PM
    http://i.imgur.com/9sXZB.png

Someone on the Android Police article claims to work for Sprint and posted this, saying this is what showed up when he signed in into the internal site.

He claims that Sprint is still on track to do it...despite the day almost being over.

Yeah...I doubt this is coming, honestly.

LOL

It happens every time. A Sprint ( or Google or Samsung) source is quoted with exact date and screenshots, and almost every time it is wrong. Obviously, the OTA will drop at some point, but it is just pure guessing. For example, I predict that the OTA will be released 2/17 at 10:02.

Think about it. You are a mid-to-high level manager with Sprint making OK money with benefits. Are you going to risk your job by leaking confidential info to your buddy, or better yet, to an Internet site?
    02-16-2012 08:56 PM
    LOL

It happens every time. A Sprint ( or Google or Samsung) source is quoted with exact date and screenshots, and almost every time it is wrong. Obviously, the OTA will drop at some point, but it is just pure guessing. For example, I predict that the OTA will be released 2/17 at 10:02.

Think about it. You are a mid-to-high level manager with Sprint making OK money with benefits. Are you going to risk your job by leaking confidential info to your buddy, or better yet, to an Internet site?
    Agreed. I also think AP dropped the ball with this as well. They went with that lone source and, in turn, caused a ton of other sites to follow suit. It makes AP lose credibility, in my opinion.

They made a lot of people excited and wait for nothing by running this, claiming it WILL happen instead of "This MIGHT happen".
    02-16-2012 09:03 PM
    Time to start sharping my pitchfork
    02-16-2012 09:45 PM
    I don't wanna say I told you so, but ...
    02-16-2012 09:50 PM
92 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD