04-27-2012 03:02 PM
211 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I'm stuck at the warning screen with the little android guy...i pushed down the volume and power buttons again and it won't do anything...been stuck for about 5 minutes now...what do i do?
    Hold power then quickly followed by hitting the up volume. That worked for me.
    jbluther likes this.
    04-10-2012 04:29 PM
    Upgrade success NO data loss. Definitely takes a few minutes after the update to get up to full speed
    Paul627g likes this.
    04-10-2012 05:00 PM
    I'm stuck at the warning screen with the little android guy...i pushed down the volume and power buttons again and it won't do anything...been stuck for about 5 minutes now...what do i do?
    You are supposed to push the power button first then volume up

Edit: ops I shouldve refreshed and checked if somebody helped you
    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    04-10-2012 05:06 PM
    I got "signature verification failed". Anyone knows how to resolve the issue? Thanks!
    04-10-2012 05:13 PM
    Just updated my Nexus S 4G to 4.0.4 Ice cream sandwich, where's Face unlock? How can I zoom with the camera, and most important how do I use the newly anticipated screen capture....please help!!!!
    04-10-2012 05:19 PM
    Face Unlock is not supported on the Nexus S due to the VGA quality front camera. It DOES work, but not well enough to put it in, really.

Zoom is not supported on the Nexus S camera, Sprint just copy-pasted the Galaxy Nexus specs or something for that....

Screenshot is Hold VOLUME DOWN + POWER for a few seconds together and it'll take a screen capture. You'll find them in the Screenshots folder in the Gallery.
    wealthychris012 likes this.
    04-10-2012 05:22 PM
    So what's the difference between this and the latest leak? Are they the same?
    04-10-2012 05:24 PM
    I probably shouldn't even be trying this, because I'm not exactly advanced level.

My question is, do I "move to SD card" by dragging the file from my computer to the phone via USB storage? Do I put it in a certain file or am I going about this all wrong?

Go ahead and insult me... :-)
    04-10-2012 05:27 PM
    Face Unlock is not supported on the Nexus S due to the VGA quality front camera. It DOES work, but not well enough to put it in, really.

Zoom is not supported on the Nexus S camera, Sprint just copy-pasted the Galaxy Nexus specs or something for that....

Screenshot is Hold VOLUME DOWN + POWER for a few seconds together and it'll take a screen capture. You'll find them in the Screenshots folder in the Gallery.

Thanks very very very much.... p.s. I would recommend that you turn your phone off for at least 2 minutes after the app optimization..... my nexus is going veryyyyy fast way to go android...[after 4 months]
    04-10-2012 05:31 PM
    So what's the difference between this and the latest leak? Are they the same?
    The OTA has a different radio and fixes the leak doesn't have. Plus, the OTA has been tested by Sprint to make SURE it's working right while the leak was still in the end phases of testing, really.

I probably shouldn't even be trying this, because I'm not exactly advanced level.

My question is, do I "move to SD card" by dragging the file from my computer to the phone via USB storage? Do I put it in a certain file or am I going about this all wrong?

Go ahead and insult me... :-)

Yeah, you'll have to drag it to the phone via USB as there's no SD card in the phone. You don't put the file in any special folder, just rename it update.zip so it's easier to distinguish.

However, I'd say if you're not really comfortable with doing this, don't. The OTA seems to have gone widespread now and you should be able to get it almost immediately.

Thanks very very very much.... p.s. I would recommend that you turn your phone off for at least 2 minutes after the app optimization..... my nexus is going veryyyyy fast way to go android...[after 4 months]
    I'll probably turn it off to charge it later on, but thanks for the advice with that. Good to know it's working for you and welcome to the forums!
    04-10-2012 05:32 PM
    Thanks for the answer. I successfully got it over and followed the instructions. When I got to "recovery" mode and chose it, I got the android robot with an exclamation point beside him. No chance to choose the update file. Just rebooted the phone to no ill effect. I'll try again...
    04-10-2012 05:37 PM
    I think if I do not get the OTA by morning tonight (I've used *#*#checkin#*#*) and use the update.zip from page 1.

Hmm, got impatient and tried the update...no worky. Get renamed the file, booted into recovery, gets stuck on an Android and a yellow exclamation point in a white triangle. Nothing but battery pulls cure it.

EDIT: NVM. installing now.
    fivefwdgears likes this.
    04-10-2012 05:39 PM
    Worked perfectly for my with no hiccups. Start up animation is awesome. Loving it so far!
    04-10-2012 05:39 PM
    Got my update! Now to learn all the new fun stuff.
    04-10-2012 05:45 PM
    Thanks for the answer. I successfully got it over and followed the instructions. When I got to "recovery" mode and chose it, I got the android robot with an exclamation point beside him. No chance to choose the update file. Just rebooted the phone to no ill effect. I'll try again...
    On that screen, hold vol-up + power again.
    04-10-2012 06:06 PM
    Crazy start up screen. I love the new look. Thank you for the update! I did get sick of checking for updates
    04-10-2012 06:07 PM
    Is it the same as the leak?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    04-10-2012 06:12 PM
    Is it the same as the leak?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    Seems to be. I flashed the factory images last night, nothing new. Err scratch that different radio.
    04-10-2012 06:15 PM
    Seems to be. I flashed the factory images last night, nothing new. Err scratch that different radio.
    What does the baseband say on the official?
    04-10-2012 06:21 PM
    what does the baseband say on the official?
    d720sprkh1 blah thats the old one the new one is D720SPRLC1 so I guess it didn't change from the leak, man I need to get some sleep lol.
    04-10-2012 06:24 PM
    I got ICS 4.0.4 about 5 minutes ago, still checking it out! Yay! OTA push.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    04-10-2012 06:42 PM
    Thanks, I'll give that a try.
    04-10-2012 06:43 PM
    Thanks for the tip! It worked. The phone is rebooting and upgrading as I type. Funny that I had to do that step, as well as manually choose to reboot after the file unzipped.

I'm mainly eager for the enhanced voice to text and the synchronizing of my browser bookmarks from computer to phone. What a benefit, though I'm sure there are more than those.
    04-10-2012 06:53 PM
    Everytime I try to download the zip file it says download unsuccessful and never starts to download. Anyone know what that's about?
    04-10-2012 06:59 PM
    Things I've noticed so far.
    Panoramic Camera-stock camera option
    Less ability to customize the volume bars (no big deal)
    Under Display you can increase system font
    Under Wireless Networks there is a VPN option
    Under Sound there is an option "Music Effects (with two options on it for me, MusicFx; which keeps FCing on me, and Volume+)
    Under Language and Input you can toggle Keyboard settings (such as vibrate)

Can someone verify that Hot-Spot works? Mine turns on with zero error, but do not want to accidentally get billed for it.
    04-10-2012 07:01 PM
211 ... 34567 ...