[ICS][NS4G]Official Nexus S 4G ICS/Android 4.0.4 Update

elias0441

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm stuck at the warning screen with the little android guy...i pushed down the volume and power buttons again and it won't do anything...been stuck for about 5 minutes now...what do i do?

You are supposed to push the power button first then volume up

Edit: ops I shouldve refreshed and checked if somebody helped you
Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

wealthychris012

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Just updated my Nexus S 4G to 4.0.4 Ice cream sandwich, where's Face unlock? How can I zoom with the camera, and most important how do I use the newly anticipated screen capture....please help!!!!

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Face Unlock is not supported on the Nexus S due to the VGA quality front camera. It DOES work, but not well enough to put it in, really.

Zoom is not supported on the Nexus S camera, Sprint just copy-pasted the Galaxy Nexus specs or something for that....

Screenshot is Hold VOLUME DOWN + POWER for a few seconds together and it'll take a screen capture. You'll find them in the Screenshots folder in the Gallery.

Reactions: wealthychris012

BW

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I probably shouldn't even be trying this, because I'm not exactly advanced level.

My question is, do I "move to SD card" by dragging the file from my computer to the phone via USB storage? Do I put it in a certain file or am I going about this all wrong?

Go ahead and insult me... :)

wealthychris012

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Face Unlock is not supported on the Nexus S due to the VGA quality front camera. It DOES work, but not well enough to put it in, really.

Zoom is not supported on the Nexus S camera, Sprint just copy-pasted the Galaxy Nexus specs or something for that....

Screenshot is Hold VOLUME DOWN + POWER for a few seconds together and it'll take a screen capture. You'll find them in the Screenshots folder in the Gallery.

Thanks very very very much.... p.s. I would recommend that you turn your phone off for at least 2 minutes after the app optimization..... my nexus is going veryyyyy fast way to go android...[after 4 months]

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
So what's the difference between this and the latest leak? Are they the same?

The OTA has a different radio and fixes the leak doesn't have. Plus, the OTA has been tested by Sprint to make SURE it's working right while the leak was still in the end phases of testing, really.

I probably shouldn't even be trying this, because I'm not exactly advanced level.

My question is, do I "move to SD card" by dragging the file from my computer to the phone via USB storage? Do I put it in a certain file or am I going about this all wrong?

Go ahead and insult me... :)

Yeah, you'll have to drag it to the phone via USB as there's no SD card in the phone. You don't put the file in any special folder, just rename it update.zip so it's easier to distinguish.

However, I'd say if you're not really comfortable with doing this, don't. The OTA seems to have gone widespread now and you should be able to get it almost immediately.

Thanks very very very much.... p.s. I would recommend that you turn your phone off for at least 2 minutes after the app optimization..... my nexus is going veryyyyy fast way to go android...[after 4 months]

I'll probably turn it off to charge it later on, but thanks for the advice with that. :) Good to know it's working for you and welcome to the forums!

BW

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the answer. I successfully got it over and followed the instructions. When I got to "recovery" mode and chose it, I got the android robot with an exclamation point beside him. No chance to choose the update file. Just rebooted the phone to no ill effect. I'll try again...

cabrone

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I think if I do not get the OTA by morning tonight (I've used *#*#checkin#*#*) and use the update.zip from page 1.

Hmm, got impatient and tried the update...no worky. Get renamed the file, booted into recovery, gets stuck on an Android and a yellow exclamation point in a white triangle. Nothing but battery pulls cure it.

EDIT: NVM. installing now.

Last edited:

PumaMania

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the answer. I successfully got it over and followed the instructions. When I got to "recovery" mode and chose it, I got the android robot with an exclamation point beside him. No chance to choose the update file. Just rebooted the phone to no ill effect. I'll try again...

On that screen, hold vol-up + power again.