Visit site
[NOTE]
Nexus S 4G ICS/Android 4.0.4 Update Thread

attachment.php

Screenshot by JDGAFFLIN
[/NOTE]

[INFO]

:: Manual Installation Method ( NO DATA WIPED ) ::

1. Download this file from here http://android.clients.google.com/pa...g/TAMkDR3z.zip (Credit : LateNiteWithJme at Android Central)
File Mirror : TAMkDR3z.zip (rename to update.zip)
2. Rename it to update.zip (Windows users careful not to get a double ".zip" extension) and place it on your sdcard.
3. Shut down phone
4. Boot into bootloader (Volume Up+Power) then from bootloader screen choose RECOVERY (Navigate Vol Up/Down and select with Power).
5. You will then see a screen with a yellow triangle sign, again press and hold (Volume Up+Power) this will now enter you into stock recovery.
6. Choose to Apply update from /sdcard
7. Sit back and relax for a few and you should boot into official Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 !

Paul627g.[/INFO]

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thread is open. Lets make good use of it..

Report findings, bugs, good & bad here..

Enjoy.

Paul627g.

LNWJ

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I just got it, am downloading now :)

Could you please provide a log cat of the OTA URL before you apply/reboot your phone? Once ICS is installed it is too late to get this info.

It will help the rest of us get the OTA also. If you need help please ask! :)

Edit: Just got it too..... doing the log cat....

Reactions: jtexans

bowmanm3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Just finished updating my nexus, first thing that I noticed is that I now have 1GB for applications instead of 512MB. I havent finished looking at everything yet, but I did notice that Agenda Widget is not working for some reason. Hopefully it just needs to be reinstalled or something.

That's my take so far, after having ICS installed all of 5 minutes. I'll let you all know if I come across anything else interesting.

Muffinabus

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Could you please provide a log cat of the OTA URL before you apply/reboot your phone? Once ICS is installed it is too late to get this info.

Good, I already am in the process of installing it, you almost made me feel bad.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

PM or post the link here and I will get it posted with credit to whoever drops it first :)

Also anyone get me a screenshot of the juicy details on the About Phone screen for the OP that will also get you credit and a big thanks from me :) (Screenshot... Hold Volume Down+Power together, this will do a screenshot in stock ICS)