[ICS][NS4G]Official Nexus S 4G ICS/Android 4.0.4 Update

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
The URL that was posted (twice even :p) is the OTA itself, take it, rename it to update.zip (you don't HAVE to but it's easier) and add it to your phone, boot into the bootloader, then update from the SD card. Choose that zip.

JDGAFFLIN

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
PM or post the link here and I will get it posted with credit to whoever drops it first :)

Also anyone get me a screenshot of the juicy details on the About Phone screen for the OP that will also get you credit and a big thanks from me :) (Screenshot... Hold Volume Down+Power together, this will do a screenshot in stock ICS)

Reactions: Paul627g

bowmanm3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Screenshot_2012-04-10-14-00-20.png

ortam

May 18, 2011
Visit site
That's what I needed, yup!

Peter Alfonso already released that build as a rooted ROM. I like to use the rooted versions of the official updates so I was waiting for it to become official before I flashed it.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I know Ryuuie wanted that too... Ryuuie has been working this update day and night, but we still appreciate the great contributions from Ryuuie :)

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
So, I selected "Recovery" like the instructions say, but I'm stuck in this screen with the Android and a triangle with an exclamation mark inside.
What's going on?

EDIT: nevermind. got it going... WHEW!

nemesys23

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'm dumb, but I'm now looking at an Android robot next to a triangle around an exclamation point after following the instructions to the letter. Is that bad?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Can you still install this update over the IMM76D that was released earlier?
No, you need to go back to GB 2.3.7 to install this update that is provided in the OP

So, I selected "Recovery" like the instructions say, but I'm stuck in this screen with the Android and a triangle with an exclamation mark inside.
What's going on?

EDIT: nevermind. got it going... WHEW!
Sorry I forgot about that.. If I remember correctly when you see the yellow triangle you need to again hold Volume Up+Power to enter stock recovery...

If I "side load" the update this way will I still be able to receive any future OTA updates?
Yes, this is the official OTA update.. You would just be applying it manually but you still get the same benefit as if it was officially OTA done... No data loss either :)

Reactions: skidmark

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary