[ICS][NS4G]Official Nexus S 4G ICS/Android 4.0.4 Update

wiggiebabu

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Can someone tell me what im doing wrong. I rename the file and move it onto my ohone (does it have to go a specfic place) and i do the RECOVERY option I get a triangle with an exclamation point.

fomotomo

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Dont notice much difference just minor improvements......but I like :D anyone notice we can take panoramic pictures? I think its better than the panorama app :cool:

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Can someone tell me what im doing wrong. I rename the file and move it onto my ohone (does it have to go a specfic place) and i do the RECOVERY option I get a triangle with an exclamation point.
When you get to that triangle warning, press and hold power then tap volume-up..

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to everyone who paved the way to make this quick and seamless. Much easier than popping an update onto a BB (my only other toy). Now to get sprint to make a solid network...

Pack4now

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I had mine updated tonight OTA...notice came around 8:40pm cst. so far biggest change is the 4g is working well and looks like the radio for 3g also a bit better. Time to learn the new layout. Love the ability to easily change the favorites on bottom also. Good job Google and Sprint.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok, returned to stock using One Click saved months ago on my desktop. This took me back to stock GB 2.3.4 and relocked my phone (as expected). But, within seconds it was downloading 4.0.4 OTA and never went to 2.3.7 first. And, it DID NOT wipe my SD card at all. Now, is there a One Click to unlock on ICS and then install CWM Touch?

jpirog

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry if this has been said somewhere already, but I tried looking through this thread and I couldn't find anything.

I do the volup+power, and I get to the bootloader. Once I select recovery, it goes into the CWM Recovery, but what I'm wanting is the default android one correct? How do I get around this?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry if this has been said somewhere already, but I tried looking through this thread and I couldn't find anything.

I do the volup+power, and I get to the bootloader. Once I select recovery, it goes into the CWM Recovery, but what I'm wanting is the default android one correct? How do I get around this?
Then you are rooted.

You have a choice or two to make..

1. Keep your data/settings by making backups with Titanium or My Backup Root, return to stock/unroot and then update to ICS and finally root again and restore your data/settings. Note.. If you do this route make sure you backup your sdcard or just the Titanium/My Backup Root folders to your computer before you unroot & restore to stock so it doesn't get wiped. Then after updating to ICS pull that info back from your computer to sdcard.

2. Forget about your data/settings and just return to stock/unroot and do the update.

3. There was one person I read about saying you can use CWM to flash the file by changing it from "update.zip" to "recovery.sh!". Not positive if this works but you can try, either it will flash or it won't.

jenluvs2sing

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm not going to look through a ton of replies so I'm sorry if I'm being repetitive, but I just got the update pushed through Sprint so it can't be that far behind for everyone else. Loving it so far! I'm noticing a lot of changes that look a lot like my old beloved palm pre. Nice going! :-*

dimapb

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a problem getting the ICS update, either via OTA or my the manual method outlined in the first post in the thread. Hopefully someone can help me out . . . .

When I try to use the manual method I get the following error when ClockworkMod Recovery attempts to execute the update.zip file: "assert failed: apply_patch_check: /system/vendor/lib/libsec-ril.so" Installation aborted."

In the past I had applied Pete's CRESPO4GTETHERFIX to my phone and I'm pretty sure that the fix replaced my original libsec-ril.so file with a new one and this is messing up the update process.

Is there anyway I can fix this and get my phone up to ICS 4.0.4?? If I have to lose the tether fix to get ICS then so be it.

Thanks for any help and suggestions . . .

I have the same problem. Any suggestions?

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Okay got it for ya...

1. Make a Nandroid Backup if your rooted and then pull the ClockWorkMod folder off your sdcard and place it on your computer for later.

2. If your not rooted and simply running the leaked ICS 4.0.4 then use this to backup your data/settings... [BETA] Backup Wonder Machine (no root, ICS only)

3. Use this to return to stock [GUIDE] Restore to Stock/Unroot for the Nexus S 4g

4. Then update to official ICS 4.0.4 and restore your backup either by rooting and reinstalling CWM/using your old Nandroid Backup (do a data restore only) or using the BWM described above in #2.

BTW, the Backup Wonder Machine works great. I was having issues trying to restore data from my rooted backup of MyBackup Pro. But I had made a backup using BWM and it restored everything, including most of the icons (but not widgets) on my home screens verbatim. Now I can take my time in unlocking and re-rooting as I'm hoping the GNEX will be out soon and I will give my Nexus S 4G to my wife.

ortam

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I used cwm to Install the update manually

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

If the ROM is unrooted, then I thought you do lose root. You're unlocked still, but last update I had to re-root. It just seems there are a lot of people that aren't as experienced in rooting using this update, and I wanted to warn them.

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Is there a rooted version of this or one in the works? I installed the last leak of 4.0.4 7 days ago as an update (changed file name to update.zip). This OTA is only for people already on gingerbread, so i cant use that option, and Mybackup Pro hasnt fixed the problem with backing up market links since the Google Play Store update, so i cant go through that option.

any help?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss