55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint Nexus S 4G

34 61.82%
  • Sprint Galaxy Nexus

21 38.18%
03-16-2012 05:24 PM
43 12
tools
    I'm not sure whether or not to stick with the Nexus S 4G or to go with the Galaxy Nexus when it comes out. So I'm asking you guys what you would your decision be.
    02-19-2012 08:48 PM
    Personally, I'm sticking with the Nexus S 4G. I mean the update situation isn't going to get any better, really. You'd be waiting awhile for Jelly Bean or whatever they choose to call Android 5.0 while the GSM variant of Galaxy Nexus (the international one, as the AT&T GSM Nexus S is STILL waiting...) would get it months before Sprint and Verizon would.

Plus, if I buy out my contract next year or whatever, I can get the supposed Motorola Nexus (hopefully they make one) if Sprint actually gets it. If not, I can always drop to T-Mobile (hopefully they still exist next year) if they have the 2012 Nexus.
    02-19-2012 09:03 PM
    I'm waiting to use my upgrade on whatever the Nexus after the Galaxy Nexus is. Between the Galaxy nexus not coming to Sprint until 6 months after its release and LTE not being all that built up yet, I'd rather stick with the perfectly capable Nexus S (hoepfully with ICS soon) and delay using my upgrade for another phone cycle.
    02-19-2012 09:41 PM
    I'm definetly picking up the galaxy nexus the day it comes out. The dual core processor and 720p screen is too good to pass up, not to mention LTE
    02-19-2012 09:43 PM
    I'm definetly picking up the galaxy nexus the day it comes out. The dual core processor and 720p screen is too good to pass up, not to mention LTE
    02-19-2012 09:44 PM
    Maybe when the price drops.
    02-19-2012 10:14 PM
    This is a tough decision for me. The screen on the Galaxy Nexus is just so good and I'm getting a bit tired of the 4 inch screens on my Nexus S 4G and Epic 4G. Also, dual-core should be fast enough. If quad-core is going to vastly better, then I may reconsider. And to add on top of that, the Nexus S 4G I got from my cousin's friend (He's overseas) still has his account on there but Sprint is having complications with removing the account for some reason so by the time I can actually use the Nexus S as my regular phone, it will probably be about a month or two before the Galaxy Nexus comes out. But at the same time, I feel like this wasn't the best Google could've done in terms of their hardware (the camera was their biggest gimp IMO) and the next nexus would be much better. That or I can always wait on the GS3 .
    02-20-2012 12:45 AM
    This is a tough decision for me. The screen on the Galaxy Nexus is just so good and I'm getting a bit tired of the 4 inch screens on my Nexus S 4G and Epic 4G. Also, dual-core should be fast enough. If quad-core is going to vastly better, then I may reconsider. And to add on top of that, the Nexus S 4G I got from my cousin's friend (He's overseas) still has his account on there but Sprint is having complications with removing the account for some reason so by the time I can actually use the Nexus S as my regular phone, it will probably be about a month or two before the Galaxy Nexus comes out. But at the same time, I feel like this wasn't the best Google could've done in terms of their hardware (the camera was their biggest gimp IMO) and the next nexus would be much better. That or I can always wait on the GS3 .
    Was your friend using his NS4G overseas? I thought it only worked with Sprint.
    02-20-2012 12:54 AM
    I have mixed feelings about getting the GN. At first I was excited to jump on the bandwagon but now as time is going by I'm not entirely sure where I'm going to end up. My NS4G handles my daily needs fine, I have ICS and some of the best selection of ROMs to play with.

My upgrade isn't until October 1st so I have time to consider my options. Maybe the next line of Nexus will be on the table by that point in time....?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    02-20-2012 02:10 AM
    I'm sticking with my NS4G.

1) It's not THAT big of a hardware upgrade.
    2) I already have ICS
    3) I'm waiting for my contract to be up/upgrade/cancel
    4) I'm hoping "Motorola" makes the NEXT Nexus. Motorola with a Samsung screen would be amazing.
    bugz_92 likes this.
    02-20-2012 05:27 AM
    Was your friend using his NS4G overseas? I thought it only worked with Sprint.
    He wasn't using it overseas. The reason why he gave it to me was because he had to go overseas and it would be useless over there.
    ragnarokx likes this.
    02-20-2012 06:32 AM
    I'm sticking with my NS4G.

1) It's not THAT big of a hardware upgrade.
    2) I already have ICS
    3) I'm waiting for my contract to be up/upgrade/cancel
    4) I'm hoping "Motorola" makes the NEXT Nexus. Motorola with a Samsung screen would be amazing.
    The main draw for me in the Galaxy Nexus is that beautiful screen. I REALLY want that screen. Also, I don't think Google is ever going to make a Nexus that is made from multiple OEMs (although, it would be awesome).
    02-20-2012 06:34 AM
    I have mixed feelings about getting the GN. At first I was excited to jump on the bandwagon but now as time is going by I'm not entirely sure where I'm going to end up. My NS4G handles my daily needs fine, I have ICS and some of the best selection of ROMs to play with.

My upgrade isn't until October 1st so I have time to consider my options. Maybe the next line of Nexus will be on the table by that point in time....?

Yeah, I'm starting to feel like that too. Hopefully, the next nexus is a bigger leap from the Galaxy Nexus rather than the leap between the Nexus S 4G and the Galaxy Nexus.
    02-20-2012 06:36 AM
    How do people afford a new phone every year? Seriously, how could it be worth it?
    02-20-2012 10:55 AM
    How do people afford a new phone every year? Seriously, how could it be worth it?
    Ditto. Except for the yearly upgrade for Sprint Premier members (which, sadly, is no more...)...there is no affordable way to upgrade every year.
    02-20-2012 11:18 AM
    To be honest I can see myself going to the GN when my upgrade comes. Main reason to be on one of the newer devices which insures me of longer support. I would expect to the see the NS4G being supported thru the end of 2012 and if a new OS does pop end of 2012 into 2013 I can see them cutting out NS4G support. That is where having the GN would be of a benefit because it will most certainly be covered by a new OS.

Otherwise the GN does have some cool features but its not anything that is getting my completely pumped up to run down there and open my wallet. The only other device I could see myself going to would be a SGSIII but that is hard for me since I have come to appreciate the pure Google experience.
    02-20-2012 12:29 PM
    It's a hobby. Just like some people spend money on golf clubs, fishing equipment or parts for their track bike.

Sent from my Nexus S
    02-20-2012 04:32 PM
    My upgrade is in March 13.. so I will be waiting for the phone after the Galaxy
    02-20-2012 05:00 PM
    To be honest I can see myself going to the GN when my upgrade comes. Main reason to be on one of the newer devices which insures me of longer support. I would expect to the see the NS4G being supported thru the end of 2012 and if a new OS does pop end of 2012 into 2013 I can see them cutting out NS4G support. That is where having the GN would be of a benefit because it will most certainly be covered by a new OS.

Otherwise the GN does have some cool features but its not anything that is getting my completely pumped up to run down there and open my wallet. The only other device I could see myself going to would be a SGSIII but that is hard for me since I have come to appreciate the pure Google experience.
    Yeah that's where it gets tricky. I'm not very sure what Jellybean is going to be like but it seems like that Google has a major release every other year. For example, Eclair pretty much only added live wallpapers and UI enhancements and Froyo brought flash support, performance improvements, dalvik vm, and more. Same with Gingerbread and ICS. Gingerbread was pretty much all UI enhancements along with NFC. ICS was a huge UI overhaul, buttonless support, improved voice to text, hardware acceleration and more. Will Jellybean just be a minor update compared to the version before it?
    02-20-2012 05:01 PM
    LOL, I can't help it!! Now folks are already talking about Jellybean Always a next-big thing!
    02-22-2012 10:07 AM
    LOL, I can't help it!! Now folks are already talking about Jellybean Always a next-big thing!
    You bet.. ICS is now what 2 months or 3 months old... That's ancient!

All joking aside, everyone wants that next latest and greatest. I want the same but at the same time I want something that is going to ride for a good 2 years like my NS4G.
    02-22-2012 10:51 AM
    You bet.. ICS is now what 2 months or 3 months old... That's ancient!

All joking aside, everyone wants that next latest and greatest. I want the same but at the same time I want something that is going to ride for a good 2 years like my NS4G.
    I know...I want it too, well...just 'cause it's there! I am phone/rooting junkie! We have four Android devices...the EVO 4G, EVO 3D, NS4G, and LG Optimus S and I have rooted and modded them all! I agree with being patient though. Who wants a buggy release? If you want that, there are some ROMs out there...
    02-22-2012 02:32 PM
    I'm going to keep this phone I have for a while. Its does what I need it to do. I'm eligable for an upgrade in April and my contract expires in June. I bought this phone off contract. And I will more than likely go month to month for as long as I can.

If I did get te galaxy nexus, it would be when I could find it for a couple hundred off contract like I did this phone.

02-23-2012 01:27 AM
    I'm going to keep this phone I have for a while. Its does what I need it to do. I'm eligable for an upgrade in April and my contract expires in June. I bought this phone off contract. And I will more than likely go month to month for as long as I can.

If I did get te galaxy nexus, it would be when I could find it for a couple hundred off contract like I did this phone.

Exactly what I did, and exactly how I feel. My contract ended in December, and I believe that contract originated when I purchased a Samsung Moment. Since then, I purchased off contract and months after release date several Optimus S's and then this Nexus S 4g, all for equal or less than what they were selling for with a two year contract from Sprint. I'll hold on to this phone for a while until I can either get the Galaxy Nexus off contract for a reasonable price, or (more likely), use my upgrade in about a year to get whatever comes after the Galaxy Nexus, once Sprint's LTE gets a bit more mature.
    losino likes this.
    02-23-2012 06:50 AM
    I am due an upgrade in July. Unless there is something better than the galaxy nexus, I will have to stick with the nexus 4g.

I have tried the on screen buttons on my nexus. And have played with them on the galaxy nexus in the sprint store. I absolutely hate them. I will NEVER pay money for a phone that has the on screen buttons.

Hopefully there will be options available in July or I will gladly save my money and continue to rock my nexus.

02-23-2012 07:54 AM
43 12