Clear ESN Help! Please.

Oakie209

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I just bought the Google Nexus S 4G for Sprint through a person on Craigslist who swore the ESN was clear, and I was naive and stupid enough to believe her without actually checking for myself.. Well it is not clear according to Sprint, is there a way in which I can clear the ESN myself so I can use this lovely phone for something other than a paperweight?

Or can I sell it just state that it has bad ESN but can be flashed to metro pcs or another carrier?

Serves me right for making a spontaneous purchase!

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know if Sprint is putting a block on that device then there isn't anything you can do. Unfortunately that is the chances you take buying off of Craigslist/EBay, etc..

chubbs123

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I went through the same thing. I bought a Nexus S for my wife off of craigslist. The thing was blocked by sprint for a previous owners bill not being paid. I put it up on craigslist saying the esn was bad and could not be activated on sprint but you could flash it to boost or metro. Someone bought it 2 days later. I made most of my money back. So just be honest and put it on craigslist. Just be careful and meet up in a public place.

fathom39

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
For buying off craigslist insist on meeting at the Sprint, Verizon, etc. store, preferably a corporate store. If seller won't agree then move on to next seller

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

losino

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
For buying off craigslist insist on meeting at the Sprint, Verizon, etc. store, preferably a corporate store. If seller won't agree then move on to next seller

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Yea. I bought this phone off Craigslist and met the guy at the store. Made sure everything was good to go before I gave him the money. Lesson learned though.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Do the phones with locked ESNs still work with WiFI? I have a friend who is looking for a platform for Android application development but isn't interested in the device as a phone. If everything else works and it can access the internet via WiFI a phone with a locked ESN would be fine for the purpose.

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Do the phones with locked ESNs still work with WiFI? I have a friend who is looking for a platform for Android application development but isn't interested in the device as a phone. If everything else works and it can access the internet via WiFI a phone with a locked ESN would be fine for the purpose.

Yes you can use it on wifi no problems. Its just the sprint network you are locked out of.

Sent from my Dooderbutt powered Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

khayla mcclendon

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
hi i have a samsung galaxy s3 with sprint, the esn are locked with sprint but the phone still fully functions correctly over wifi. let me know if your friend is still interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC