Strange battery issue

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
So I unplug my phone around 6:15am every day, and with light use, I typically can go til around 5pm, and by then the battery is around 35-45%.

Today, I had typical light use, except for sending an attachment via an Outlook e-mail.

By around 3pm, I looked at my phone and it was 7%. I got in my car and drove, and after about 5 minutes on the charger and very little use, it actually DROPPED to 6%! I checked the battery usage, and there was some service or application that was literally nameless, that was taking up around 15% of my battery. I force stopped it, and after that I rebooted the phone. RIGHT after the reboot, the phone showed I had 19% battery left!

How can a phone show 6% battery left, and then after a reboot (which consumes quite a bit of battery itself) show 19%? This isn't the first time this has happened.

Could it be a fault battery, and the phone can't get a true battery life reading from the battery?

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow, 229 views and no one has a word to say about it? Someone has to have had something similar happen, and wondered the same thing.

fomotomo

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I know if I use the micro charger from my rumor touch it charges it up 91-93 percent and says fully charged and one time it only went to 85

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae