Text Messaging Issue

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else out there having any Text Messaging issues?

After UN-hitching my wagon to Google Voice (regrettably), no one is receiving my texts.

they come in fine, and SHOW sent, but no ones getting them.

I called care, they refreshed, it worked for like 1hr, and went back to nada.

I just had this device replaced last night due to earpiece failure, so it would seem this is a network related issue.

Just curious, it's frustrating as hell..

cgb77

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm still using Google Voice and I periodically have issues with texts. Sometimes I receive them hours after they were sent and other times people I text never receive them. I never know who to blame...is it a Sprint issue or a Google issue? I even had some say they weren't sent when they really were.

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
It appears to be a huge backlog with Sprint itself. All the texts i've sent my wife this past week, split themselves between Saturday & Sunday, and were coming in, in no order, in bulk, until they look up to date now. Just my area i guess..

mikiemike

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
had the same issue this weekend. was wondering what was going on. some came in quick and others, hours later. everything seems cool now. this isn't the first time this has happened though.

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Go in to your Google voice account and ensure you are actually "unhitched" from your phone. If the connection is not totally severed you might be sending them to Google voice where they just sit and don't get sent out.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

jpfoxey

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, this is why I am thinking switching to the Nexus, my wife's Evo shift does this often and my Epic 4g, does it once in awhile
Must be sprint, I have never used Google voice

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781