Nexus S 4g Ice Cream update?

dlfleish

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Has any more word come out on the ICE update to the Nexus S 4g. I find the lack of communications coming out of Google or the carries disheartening. In Feb., it was leaked that Sprint was getting the update on the 16th, then it was pulled, but no word on why. The fact that we know that the employees have gotten a hold of it and no word coming from anyone on what is going on sucks. I don?t understand why Google doesn?t come out with communication updates on what?s happening.. even if it?s just a one liner once in a while to some of the forum?s. Also since 4.0.4 was announced then they asked the developer to pull the files, again no word on why. I have attempted to download the 4.0.4 update, but my virus software won?t allow it saying that it has a Trojan.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Still no word from Google or Sprint and I don't think were gonna hear anything either.

As far as downloading the 4.0.4 update, just disable your antivirus during the download and install of it. Many users have downloaded them and have heard no reports of anything virus related to the files. I do have the 4.0.4 files available here...

[ICS] ICS Leak 4.0.4

Reactions: dlfleish

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
The only word we have is from Jean-Baptiste Queru who works at Google on AOSP. He's worked on 4.0.3 and I believe he's working on 4.0.4 currently. Links in my sig will explain the latest.

Reactions: dlfleish

dlfleish

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Now having an issue with not being able to get into Download mode, keeps going into bootloader. I can get it to come out of everything... but when I try to go into download mode.. it keeps going into bootloader mode

dlfleish

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Can't get the phone into download mode, keeps going into bootloader mode.. but not giving me the yes or no options.. what am I doing wrong?

NerdyNugget

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
one more thing.. once it is in Bootloader mode.. there isn't an option to unlock it.. .there is no YES or NO on the screen

you have to put the phone into Fastboot mode first by powering down the phone and pressing volume up and the power button, once there if you have the Android SDK installed you type in Fastboot OEM Unlock in a Comand Prompt then unlock the bootloader from there, please not that unlocking the bootloader WIPES THE DEVICE INCLUDING THE SD CARD so back up your stuff. Then you can place the phone into Download Mode by pressing both Volume UP and DOWN then quickly pressing the power button.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
@NerdyNugget, good point made here... I never even thought about the boot loader being locked causing Download Mode not to function....

Reactions: NerdyNugget

rstout76

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I did the volume up+down at the same time and the quick press of the power button and saw the unlock bootloader screen. Using Odin I connected my phone, put the right files in the right spots and hit start. It updated me to 4.0.4 and unlocked my bootloader.

fomotomo

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
If I do this will I still get the over the air update? Or will I have to download it like this one? And does the fact that I'm rooted but running stock affect anything?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If I do this will I still get the over the air update? Or will I have to download it like this one? And does the fact that I'm rooted but running stock affect anything?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
I'm not 100% positive here since this is a leak build but if all plays out correctly yes you should still receive the OTA update when it becomes available. Rooted/stock shouldn't matter, only thing that will happen is you will loose root when you update. Just have to re root again which takes a few mins.

fomotomo

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
thats what i keep getting what can i do to make it work ?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Appears to be a cable issue. Most of the time when thing don't work with Odin it's because of USB cable problems

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad