Has any more word come out on the ICE update to the Nexus S 4g. I find the lack of communications coming out of Google or the carries disheartening. In Feb., it was leaked that Sprint was getting the update on the 16th, then it was pulled, but no word on why. The fact that we know that the employees have gotten a hold of it and no word coming from anyone on what is going on sucks. I dont understand why Google doesnt come out with communication updates on whats happening.. even if its just a one liner once in a while to some of the forums. Also since 4.0.4 was announced then they asked the developer to pull the files, again no word on why. I have attempted to download the 4.0.4 update, but my virus software wont allow it saying that it has a Trojan.
    03-12-2012 02:06 PM
    Still no word from Google or Sprint and I don't think were gonna hear anything either.

As far as downloading the 4.0.4 update, just disable your antivirus during the download and install of it. Many users have downloaded them and have heard no reports of anything virus related to the files. I do have the 4.0.4 files available here...

[ICS] ICS Leak 4.0.4
    dlfleish likes this.
    03-12-2012 02:09 PM
    Thank you.. I'm going to give it try with using your link.
    03-12-2012 02:20 PM
    The only word we have is from Jean-Baptiste Queru who works at Google on AOSP. He's worked on 4.0.3 and I believe he's working on 4.0.4 currently. Links in my sig will explain the latest.
    dlfleish likes this.
    03-12-2012 02:24 PM
    Now having an issue with not being able to get into Download mode, keeps going into bootloader. I can get it to come out of everything... but when I try to go into download mode.. it keeps going into bootloader mode
    03-12-2012 03:34 PM
    one more thing.. once it is in Bootloader mode.. there isn't an option to unlock it.. .there is no YES or NO on the screen
    03-12-2012 03:36 PM
    Can't get the phone into download mode, keeps going into bootloader mode.. but not giving me the yes or no options.. what am I doing wrong?
    03-12-2012 05:11 PM
    Can't get the phone into download mode, keeps going into bootloader mode.. but not giving me the yes or no options.. what am I doing wrong?
    What is download mode?

Sent from my rooted HTC Rezound
    03-12-2012 07:46 PM
    one more thing.. once it is in Bootloader mode.. there isn't an option to unlock it.. .there is no YES or NO on the screen
    you have to put the phone into Fastboot mode first by powering down the phone and pressing volume up and the power button, once there if you have the Android SDK installed you type in Fastboot OEM Unlock in a Comand Prompt then unlock the bootloader from there, please not that unlocking the bootloader WIPES THE DEVICE INCLUDING THE SD CARD so back up your stuff. Then you can place the phone into Download Mode by pressing both Volume UP and DOWN then quickly pressing the power button.
    Paul627g likes this.
    03-12-2012 08:33 PM
    @NerdyNugget, good point made here... I never even thought about the boot loader being locked causing Download Mode not to function....
    NerdyNugget likes this.
    03-12-2012 09:33 PM
    help!! start phone up goes straigt to recoverey says fastboot mode no boot or recovery img
    03-18-2012 05:35 PM
    i can also go to download mode. but thats it anyone??
    03-18-2012 05:36 PM
    I did the volume up+down at the same time and the quick press of the power button and saw the unlock bootloader screen. Using Odin I connected my phone, put the right files in the right spots and hit start. It updated me to 4.0.4 and unlocked my bootloader.
    03-18-2012 05:49 PM
    If I do this will I still get the over the air update? Or will I have to download it like this one? And does the fact that I'm rooted but running stock affect anything?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    03-20-2012 10:09 AM
    If I do this will I still get the over the air update? Or will I have to download it like this one? And does the fact that I'm rooted but running stock affect anything?

I'm not 100% positive here since this is a leak build but if all plays out correctly yes you should still receive the OTA update when it becomes available. Rooted/stock shouldn't matter, only thing that will happen is you will loose root when you update. Just have to re root again which takes a few mins.
    03-20-2012 10:12 AM
    All right thanks will do this a lil later when I got time on my hands

03-20-2012 10:17 AM
    <ID:0/003> Added!!
    <ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
    <ID:0/003> File analysis..
    <ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/003> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
    thats what i keep getting what can i do to make it work ?
    03-20-2012 05:21 PM
    Appears to be a cable issue. Most of the time when thing don't work with Odin it's because of USB cable problems

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2
    03-20-2012 05:43 PM
    ive tried all 10 of my cables and all same issue, is there any other way i can do it?
    03-20-2012 06:15 PM
    ive tried all 10 of my cables and all same issue, is there any other way i can do it?
    Try a different USB port.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    03-20-2012 06:25 PM
    Still the same and tried it on the two laptops and PC @ my disposal same issue ahhhhhh if anyone knows a different way please lemme know this is driving me crazy ........ @-@

03-20-2012 06:38 PM
    I did the volume up+down at the same time and the quick press of the power button and saw the unlock bootloader screen. Using Odin I connected my phone, put the right files in the right spots and hit start. It updated me to 4.0.4 and unlocked my bootloader.
    Hey Sean,

When you did this did odin recognize your phone? I had the same problem as you with the unlockbootloader screen and another gentlemen in another forum said you can run odin anyway and it will unlock it for you. However when i had everything set up to run i notice that ODIN didn't recognize my phone so i was a little on the screen before hitting the run button so i was a little leary about doing it.

Let me know

E
    03-22-2012 07:22 AM
    Hey Sean,

When you did this did odin recognize your phone? I had the same problem as you with the unlockbootloader screen and another gentlemen in another forum said you can run odin anyway and it will unlock it for you. However when i had everything set up to run i notice that ODIN didn't recognize my phone so i was a little on the screen before hitting the run button so i was a little leary about doing it.

Let me know

E
    Yes it did, after I downloaded the pdanet drivers and used a blackberry usb cord, i read they are the best to use. When i connected my phone, a little box in the upper left corner lit up yellow and said com 4. I hit start and it worked great. It did wipe my storage(16gb phone memory) so back up what you want to save. I hope this helps.
    03-22-2012 02:42 PM
    Yes it did, after I downloaded the pdanet drivers and used a blackberry usb cord, i read they are the best to use. When i connected my phone, a little box in the upper left corner lit up yellow and said com 4. I hit start and it worked great. It did wipe my storage(16gb phone memory) so back up what you want to save. I hope this helps.
    Thanks buddy will do

E
    03-22-2012 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD