I manually installed the 4.0.4 update on my NS4G a couple of weeks ago through Odin (which wiped SD card because I like to skip lines when I read fast)

Technically speaking, my phone is not rooted. When checking the lock state, it says that the bootloader is locked but it shows an unlocked lock when restarting my phone.

My question is, if encounter problems with my phone and i take it to sprint, would the reps give me any trouble with repairing my phone?

I really love the 4.0.4 update. And I REFUSE to downgrade back to gingerbread

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    03-13-2012 07:03 PM
    Even though some people will tell you they won't care, there's no guarantee. You will probably have to go back to Gingerbread somehow.

Also, the Sprint reps don't know anything about ICS so if they had to navigate a menu or something, they couldn't help you. They don't get briefed on new updates until a week or so before it actually happens.
    03-13-2012 07:06 PM
    My sprint store was pretty reasonable. They took in my daughters rooted epic for repairs. I even told them it was rooted with a custom ROM. While he took it, he did retook me that he didn't have to and wasn't supposed to.

03-13-2012 09:09 PM
    I really don't think most sprint reps care.

I've been to three local stores for various reasons. One rep told me which ROMs were the best for the Photon when I was looking at that phone. One said that when he replaced my first epic he couldn't reinstall my ROM. Finally, when I got the NS4G, the rep said he could set up my email, etc for me, but I told him I was wiping the phone, rooting it and installing a ROM. He asked which ROM I was installing...

Most of them I think are just as geeky as we are.
    03-13-2012 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD