Hey, I've recently switched from sprint and I really want to sell me samsung nexus S but the store I'm selling it to (electronicexchange/cex) won't take it because my old number is still on the phone. I can't get it to go away and when I took it to sprint they said they can only do it if I activate the phone to a line, which I'm not gonna do. Is there anyway I can change the number to all 0's in the about phone area of the settings? Would help me a lot. Thanks in advance.
    03-21-2012 04:14 PM
    I believe you need to access *#*#DATA#*#* in the dialer. You will need the MSL code.
    03-21-2012 06:03 PM
    Actually I figured it out, the device does not need to be activated. Let me know if you still need help.
    03-21-2012 11:51 PM
    So how do you do it?
    03-25-2012 03:46 PM
    well your going to have to download alogcat from the market, open it and from the menu select filter and type in MSL. Then open your dialer and type in *#*#DATA#*#*, select edit and it will ask you for your MSL number. Type in any random 6 digit number and enter it should say incorrect. Close that and go back to the alogcat app and open it. It should say MSL and show a 6 digit number. Thats the MSL for that device. write it down and close.

Go back to the dialer and type in *#*#786#*#* and up comes a menu that will say reset at the bottom, click it and enter the MSL, it will wipe the divice and reboot it clean without your info.

Let me know if it does not work but it should I have tried it.
    03-26-2012 11:33 AM
    or just download MSL reader from the market.
    03-26-2012 04:29 PM
    That only works if your rooted, this is for none rooted users.
    03-27-2012 09:25 PM
    There's an app I just downloaded called "Get My MSL" its free, no ads ,very straightforward and NO root required. you open the app, click the get my msl button and it pops right up. You should try it
    rem_kujawa likes this.
    03-28-2012 11:56 AM
    Sure where's the fun in that? No seriously, good find.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    03-29-2012 06:40 PM
    Sure where's the fun in that? No seriously, good find.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    Hahahaha! No problem, glad I can help
    03-29-2012 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD