[ICS][4.0.4][NS4G] ICS 4.0.4. IMM26D FASTBOOT Installation Method

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
What is this FASTBOOT method exactly? For those who don't like using Odin I have taken the time to put together a little script package that will install the 4.0.4 "leaked update" using the device's bootloader and "fastboot" from the Android SDK. You can normally achieve this by entering in commands to flash these but I have gone a step further and made a script to handle this for you. Also included in this package is the option to flash CWM recovery and Superuser access if you choice to do so.

23048d1333275812-odin-ics-4-0-4-ns4g-ics-4-0-4-imm26d-leaked-official-update-screenshot_2012-04-01-05-12-48.png

Nexus S 4G ICS 4.0.4 IMM26D Optional FASTBOOT Method Install
Nexus S 4G Drivers ( Download & Install on your computer if needed) PDANet (Incase the above drivers don't work, just Google PDANet) Flash the 4.0.4 IMM26D Leaked Official Update: 1. Download these two files IMM26D_Fastboot_Install_Images.zip IMM26D_Fastboot_Install.zip 2. Using 7Zip unzip the IMM26D_Fastboot_Install.zip to your C:/ Drive. This will give you a folder called IMM26D_Fastboot_Install with the tools & scripts needed inside. 3. Next using 7Zip unzip the contents of IMM26D_Fastboot_Install_Images.zip to the folder that was created above on your C:/IMM26D_Fastboot_Install. So when finished you will have all the image files inside that new directory that was created as shown the the screen shot below.
attachment.php
4. Now shut down your device and then power into your bootloader. (Press UP+Power) 5. Once your at your bootloader screen, plug in your device to your computer. Open up the IMM26D_Fastboot_Install folder on your C:/ drive. 5a. If you haven't previously unlocked your bootloader click/run the " run_unlock.bat " file. This will unlock your bootloader. NOTE: This will wipe your device. 6. From the bootloader screen, click/run the " run_install.bat " file. This will start the flash process of the 4.0.4 IMM26D Leaked Official update. 7. When the script is completed flashing (takes a few minutes) your device will automatically reboot into ICS 4.0.4 IMM26D ! Optional Installation CWM Recovery/Superuser Instructions: 1. Inside the IMM26D_Fastboot_Install folder, you will see a file called Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip. Take this file and place it on your sdcard/internal storage of your device. 2. From a powered off state, power your device into the bootloader (Volume UP+POWER). 3. Connect your device to your computer. 4. Now click/run the " run_flash_CWM.bat " file. This will flash CWM Recovery to your device. 5. Select "recovery" from your boot loader screen (Vol Up/Down to navigate & Power to Select). This will boot you into CWM recovery. 6. From the CWM recovery menu, select Install From from sdcard>choose zip from sdcard>Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip 7. Select Reboot from the main menu and you will now have CWM recovery and Superuser/rooted access :)

Thanks to Korey Nicholson @ xda developers for providing this leak of the official 4.0.4 update.

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ICS][4.0.4][NS4G] ICS 4.0.4. IMM26D FASTBOOT Installation Me

Please come back after you try this out and let me know how it worked for you... During my testing it seemed to go without a hitch ;)

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Question: since my phone's boot loader is already unlocked and I have the 4.0.4 leak already installed (Odin) will this wipe everything or will it simply just start an update? (I've worked too hard on temple run to start from scratch ;) )

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site

Is there an easy way to go back from this to the OS we started with before we flashed?

Zerocool84

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Odin wouldn't recognize my phone so I tried this method and it worked without a hitch. Posting from my phone right now and it's great. Thanks for making this :thumbup:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Is there an easy way to go back from this to the OS we started with before we flashed?

You can grab the stock Image files from the link below and flash them in the same manor as the package I just provided. You can take the package I provided, the tools & scripts and place the following images below in that same folder and remove the 4.0.4 image files.

GRJ22 Images (Credit: Pete Alfonso)

It will send your device back to GB 2.3.4 stock, and then you will recieve the OTA notifications to update to 2.3.5 then jump to 2.3.7.. I've done it and it only takes about 30 minutes total... Unfortunately there is no direct method to go straight to GB 2.3.7 other than a custom ROM.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site

Holy crap.

This is MUCH faster than GB ever was for me.

Seriously.

Thanks a BUNCH for this. :)

boogaloo1

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

Will this delete all my settings, e-mail accounts etc.? Just wondering if I'm going to need to redo my entire setup. I'm downloading files anyway, just curious.

*** Never mind, I just saw that this will wipe my device. A small price to pay to have the latest OS. *****

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Will this delete all my settings, e-mail accounts etc.? Just wondering if I'm going to need to redo my entire setup. I'm downloading files anyway, just curious.
If your bootloader has been previously unlocked then it won't be a full device wipe. Your sdcard/usb storage contents will remain. As for the OS part, yes that will be reset/wiped and you will have to restart over again.

Email, contacts, etc. are synced to your GMail account associated with the phone. I would recommend syncing before doing and even Exporting your contacts to you computer just incase.

Reactions: boogaloo1

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site

How do you make the Picasa pics go away? :C This is apparently an ICS bug that's...apparently not fixed. I unchecked Google Photos from Sync but still, they remain. :/

Also, the phone runs a bit warmer than it did on GB

65fastback

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site

so want to do this, just dont wanna deal with the device wipe =(

65fastback

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site

is there a way to backup all your app data and restore later? I know on webos I could do that

65fastback

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site

In your case probably if you need to save your data :-(

If this is indeed the real deal which I believe it is then maybe we will get official word from Sprint/Samsung soon.

ya, Ive got some data I just cant give up....like my blood pressure tracking in the "heart" app and such

65fastback

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site

Very understandable. Sorry I can't help further.

could i just pull the individual backup files from the individual apps off the sd card then put them back after the device wipe and restore them?

65fastback

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site

also, what is

Optional Installation CWM Recovery/Superuser Instructions

Whats CWM and superuser?

Im coming from webos of 3 years to android of 2 weeks so give me a little slack if this is totally stupid lol