get the OTA ICS yet?

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
What's the best way, other than copying to my pc, to preserve all data/files/apps, etc, when going back to stock GB? I use MyBackup Pro (root access) and occasionally titanium (free version). I will likely leave it at stock as I plan to pick up the GNEX as soon as Sprint releases it as I have been eligible for an upgrade since 11/2011.

tonykilo943

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
First impression:
Keep in mind this isn't criticism or anything...and I'm by far the least capable android user on this forum.

That being said...

I've only been using the messaging app and the email app thus far...only had the update 30 minutes or so.

Messaging app will not allow me to change text for incoming texts...so I can distinguish between sent and received....I do realize I am on the right and they are on the left. But also my icon for myself won't set a picture....I click on it to edit and all it says is that the contact doesn't exist.

Email
New drop down menu to switch between email accounts...I know I can play with it and give each one a separate icon...at least I think I can. Will play with that also.

Seems a bit laggy....I know it probably needs to settle down a little...

Overall I like the look of the new software(do you even call it that?)
Going to take some getting used to of course.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yep give the device a bit to settle in... Normally do a reboot or two and it will start to clear out and run better....

cbrisman

May 3, 2011
Visit site
got a notification that i had an update available & it needed to reboot to install. i hit reboot now & its been stuck on the google logo for over an hour.
does this make sense or did something go wrong with the update?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
got a notification that i had an update available & it needed to reboot to install. i hit reboot now & its been stuck on the google logo for over an hour.
does this make sense or did something go wrong with the update?
Sounds like something didn't go right...

Pull your battery and pop it back in and try booting up and see what happens.

cbrisman

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like something didn't go right...

Pull your battery and pop it back in and try booting up and see what happens.

Pulled battery. phone rebooted into 2.3.7, now its showing that my system is up to date. dont know where my update disappeared to. hope it shows up soon, as ive waited 4 long months along with everyone else & got excited when it appeared only to have it disappear again.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Pulled battery. phone rebooted into 2.3.7, now its showing that my system is up to date. dont know where my update disappeared to. hope it shows up soon, as ive waited 4 long months along with everyone else & got excited when it appeared only to have it disappear again.
You could try the "check in" method using your dialer...

*#*#CHECKIN#*#*