ICS Bugs after your upgrade?

cabrone

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
which parameter would change notification volume? Alerts Volume? My option to increase volume is grayed out. It only moves when increasing Ringer volume below it. I have the free version, can you confirm this is the same or different on the paid version before I go buying it?

NVM: Under setting there is an option to unlink them (paid version only)
Here are all the options that I have on the paid version, and yes, Alerts would be your notifications. I'd definitely take advantage of the refund policy if it doesn't work for you. You'll know as soon as you open the app.

EDIT I didnt see your edit.

845EDD2C-orig.png

Reactions: cabrone

Polish Prince

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I agree - the new "in call" screen is awful, IMO.

There is also a ton of wasted real estate when looking at a contact in landscape mode. I copy & paste alot of stuff from excel into the note field of a contact & use it as a price list when I'm at a customers home.

Notice that the contact image wastes about a 25% of the screen. It forces the note field to "wrap" and be a bit more difficult to read.

Not a big deal, but contact images have been a step in the wrong direction IMHO with ICS.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

cabrone

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
One issue I have noticed is during a call it looks like they decided to focus on making it look cool, not function well. Rather than the contact picture in the middle it is oddly placed on the top of the screen in a far too landscape mode. The rest is black. Dumb

Tapatalked

Found a solution for those who are using Sync My Pix. Under settings uncheck the 96 pixel centering option. Problem solved. Still doesn't look awesome. But better

Tapatalked

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 problems, no matter what I try I can't seem to clear my cache. I've uninstalled, rebooted, battery pulled nothing works. I also went into apps and tried to clear individual cache (nothing).
Problem 2 is the play store, I can only do 1 update or install at a time. If I try just get blue line process never completes, I have to reboot .

tonykilo943

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has gone way down
when I delete a conversation w/in MMS..it flashes and loses info then flashes and gets it back.
The speech to text is worse
little jittery most of the time
bookmark icons are gone

jimijames

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Another vote for way too dim with autodim indoors. It seems like mine has 2 settings: 1) phone thinks it's inside = dim to less than min and 2) phone thinks it's outdoors = max brightness. No in-between. I would love to see google give us the option to set a baseline brightness... tell the phone this is how bright I want it all the time and it adjusts based on lighting conditions.

Reactions: cabrone

arrasmith

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I just got this phone, has the battery life always been this bad?? This is going to make me go back to the iPhone.

What battery life are you getting? Need a bit more info to answer that question. :)

For me, I get about 14 hours with moderate usage (keeping data, gps, and wifi always on in a building with bad reception).

nismospec

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
unplugged with full charge at 6:15. very little usage since, it's 9:30 now and i'm at 67% battery power.

Android OS is at 53%, much higher than my screen at 29%. Seems odd, usually the screen was the one consuming the most out of my battery?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I just got this phone, has the battery life always been this bad?? This is going to make me go back to the iPhone.
The normal should be easily 8-10 hrs.. There are some key tips to good battery management.

Social media/email try and limit the amount or how frequently it polls for updates

Display, turn off auto brightness. This is a big killer because its constantly adjusting your screen brightness.. Most run at around 25% indoors and a little higher in bright light like outside.

4g... Don't turn it on from Settings unless you really need it.. Again.. Radio cycling on and off from 3g/4g is a big killer.... Plus 4g if you do get the signal is a huge battery killer..

Custom Widgets on your home screen.. Yes they are nice but again, they normally are hitting the net to update the content on them so its hitting the battery hard.

Those are some of the most common areas to look at for improving battery.

Also like anything new, your update to ICS will take a few hours maybe a day to settle in. A few shut down's and reboots usually help.. Worst case situation some end up doing a factory reset but I wouldn't go that far just yet.

unplugged with full charge at 6:15. very little usage since, it's 9:30 now and i'm at 67% battery power.

Android OS is at 53%, much higher than my screen at 29%. Seems odd, usually the screen was the one consuming the most out of my battery?

Check to see what you have running possibly in the background.. Some apps or something that might be munching battery.

cabrone

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
You can disable apps that are pre installed but if you update them the option is no longer possible, and if disabled then updated they re enable. Example, Google+. Disabled apps appear under managed apps at the bottom of the list

Tapped

mcantu

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is definitely worse than with GB (which wasn't so great to begin with).

^^this!

i always have my screen brightness at 0 (thank you Google for lowering the brightness!! it sucked always lighting up a dim room/bar/club when i used the phone). even with this lower brightness, battery life seems to be down by at least 25%

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Remember everyone, not trying to make excuses here but new OS ... New toy... Your playing with your phone a lot more at the moment learning and configuring things... End result not so good battery life.. Give it a few days, week for the initial excitement to wear off and things make improve a little.

Just a thought.. Kind of like a new phone, you play with it so much on the first few days you say to yourself "Man this battery life is horrible..." Well.. Ya.. your toying around constantly with your new phone... heheh

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I did the 4.04 rooted update thinking it was going to improve the battery life but it did nothing. on A full Charge WITHOUT USING IT AT ALL I can go through a full day from morning to night probably...
but if I use my phone for even 15 mins texting lets say back and for with someone in the morning (8am) for instance the battery will probably be half way by 9. Its THAT bad. And id be ok with that as thats the case when any smartphone when you use it but the problem is it takes like 3 or 4 ****** hours to charge the battery to full again :'(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1