ICS Bugs after your upgrade?

arrasmith

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Just a place to hash out problems.

Mine: WiFi and 3G data is SLOW. Really really slow. Right now I'm guessing it may be the Play Books and Gallery sync going on right now. ICS seems to have to resync everything.

Anyone else having issues?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Just a place to hash out problems.

Mine: WiFi and 3G data is SLOW. Really really slow. Right now I'm guessing it may be the Play Books and Gallery sync going on right now. ICS seems to have to resync everything.

Anyone else having issues?

I would give it a bit of time.. Maybe try a reboot or two to clear it out...

WIFI, I haven't heard any problems with even the leaks...

3g/4g from everyone's comments including my own with the leak and now official reception has seemed to improve but over all speed hasn't changed.

arrasmith

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I would give it a bit of time.. Maybe try a reboot or two to clear it out...

Waiting now. Not much else to do. A 7MB app update took 30 minutes to download. :p

I'll let my 1000-ish photos sync on Gallery and then see how it is working. Other then download speed I'm happy so far. Though if the "card" view of running applications also showed the current foreground app it would be nice. It is odd that to pick your current foreground app you have to select the "back" button versus just select the card of any of the others.

I really like the nested icon idea.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
The top bar keeps showing the "synching" icon, even after reboots and waiting a long time. Any idea how to get it to go away?

arrasmith

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
The top bar keeps showing the "synching" icon, even after reboots and waiting a long time. Any idea how to get it to go away?

Settings -> Accounts and Sync -> [choose your account] -> [hit the menu button and stop sync]

Eventually it will need to fully sync. I'm just waiting it out for now.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Could be, but it's been hours. I'll see if it's still going tomorrow.
Ya... I remember the sync icon hanging around for a while in early 4.0.1/4.0.2 custom ROMs of ICS....

Oh well.. You didn't really expect things to be P E R F E C T now did you? LOL... If it was we would have nothing to talk about and Google wouldn't have a reason to provide future ICS updates.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't think this is so much a bug, but i notice the auto brightness keeps my screen pretty dim...much more than gingerbread did. Maybe i liked it brighter than necessary, but i got used to it that way...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

mclasser

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I definitely noticed the dimmer screen on auto-brightness as well. I also noticed that the screen lock sound is much fainter compared to Gingerbread.

mcantu

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I definitely noticed the dimmer screen on auto-brightness as well. I also noticed that the screen lock sound is much fainter compared to Gingerbread.

how is the lowest brightness (outside of auto-brightness) compared with GB? the lowest setting in GB has always been way too bright--i could light up a small room with it set at 0

d14racer24

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't really notice any difference in screen brightness on 0. I have always kept mine at 0 because it was adequate unless I was out on a sunny day, and then I would turn it up to be able to see the screen.

LNWJ

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Scrolling speed up and down are oddly slow sometimes. Annoying me

Tapatalked

Try turning on Force 2D GPU rendering in developer options. Buttery smooth here.

Only bug so far I've seen on mine is the camera app stopped talking to the accelerometer and was stuck in portrait no matter how I rotated it. Reboot fixed it.

d14racer24

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Is the fact that some of my apps now no longer have specific icons (i.e. android central) just an icon of the Android bot a bug or is that something that is app specific and requires an update from the dev?

elvisem

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
My auto brightness is now useless. When I turn it on my screen goes completely dim (0) even in bright sunlight, and stays there no matter what, until I turn it off AND move the slider manually. What gives?
That is the only bug I have noticed so far. I got my update today.

opteron7

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
My auto brightness is now useless. When I turn it on my screen goes completely dim (0) even in bright sunlight, and stays there no matter what, until I turn it off AND move the slider manually. What gives?
That is the only bug I have noticed so far. I got my update today.

Okay so I'm not the only one. It was perfect before the update. Oh well.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2