ICS Bugs after your upgrade?

wix

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I also found that my battery life has been reduced since ICS upgrade. One thing I have been doing is hitting the home button and flicking off the screen my recent programs, by doing this it seems to help my battery life (I don't thing my programs are really stopping when I get out of them). That just my two cents.

mcantu

May 26, 2011
Visit site
i cant use Perfect Keyboard anymore. the default android keyboard keeps a greyed out checkmark in the box even when i have Perfect Keyboard selected

tonykilo943

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah...it's not a toy for me but a tool...and I'm still using it the same as I was when it had GB on it...so that's not the cause of the poor battery life...at least not for me.

I've played w/ the settings....Android OS and screen (display) are the culprits...but I'm not doing anything different....

I can certainly understand why a new OS would drain a battery more..there is likely more going on w/ this OS than with the last....It just sucks, not complaining certainly...just venting.

nismospec

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
one thing I noticed is that the battery icon seems to drain fast, but when you go and look at the battery life in the options screen, you actually still have quite a bit left.

Ex. battery icon looks to be 1/2 empty, but still have 75% juice.

just my observation.

Last edited:

65fastback

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
one thing I noticed is that the battery icon seems to drain fast, but when you go and look at the battery life in the options screen, you actually still have quite a bit left.

Ex. battery icon looks to be 1/2 empty, but still have 75% juice.

just my observation.

I concur....i thought my battery life was much worse....then I started checking the actual percent and its not at all.

Yesterday took the phone off charger at like 11am, push emails, texts, hour phone call with my mom (in horrid signal I might add), little tapatalk.....at 7pm, I looked at the icon and it was LOW and I was upset....went and checked the battery percentage....50%, was totally fine with that

for me also, the new text to speech is MUCH improved. I like how it transcribes the words as you talk instead of having to wait

65fastback

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
here's todays....same text messages and push email as usual....couple short phone calls....and shoot, it was downloading updates on a 1x connection earlier for about an hour...had it connected to wifi for about 30 minutes as well. over 9 hours and still over 60% left

Screenshot_2012-04-13-18-49-55.png

mizofizo

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I posted this reply over on XDA as well but I figured you guys might be more likely to be responsive.

I have two NS4Gs. One is doing surprisingly well with ICS, the other not so much.

The one with the problems has all of the common reported bugs. The battery life has dropped by at least 1/3 compared to GB. The wifi will drop the connection several times in a row.

The phone that is malfunctioning has been wiped and restored via fastboot. It has been a bit better from the OTA but still not as good as my other NS.

Interestingly, I just compared the wifi connections between the two phones. They are both connected to an N router. The good phone is getting a 52Mbps connection right near the router. The bad phone is getting a 19Mbps connection.

Might all of the power and signal woes be caused by a bad radio? I'm going to try and flashing back to KH1 and then up to LC1 and see if that fixes my issues.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Lots and lots of bugs! Here is one: I had some videos in a folder that played fine in 3.7. When I tried to play them with ICS, they played for a minute, then stopped. Now the phone will not even recognize that they are loaded. There is no way to select them to play with any player. The sample videos that came with ICS play fine. They are in a folder called \system\media\video, but I can't find that folder to drag and drop my videos. How do I load and play videos now with ICS? Also, every time the phone boots, I get two error messages: Search from camera authentication failed, and Permission request for account XXX.gmail.com. I also get these last two messages every time I take a picture.

Update: All of a sudden the videos appeared - go figure...

Last edited:

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
"Multitasking is a key strength of Android and it's made even easier and more visual on Android 4.0. The Recent Apps button lets you jump instantly from one task to another using the list in the System Bar. The list pops up to show thumbnail images of apps used recently ? tapping a thumbnail switches to the app."

Where is this button?

mcantu

May 26, 2011
Visit site
i got in my car earlier today with the battery at 87%. one hour later when i arrived to where i was going (and having only used google maps for a few minutes) my battery was at 72% :'(

ETA: i had already done a factory restore

Last edited:

nsechrist

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: ICS Bugs after your upgrade? - Battery Drain

Just got the upgrade to ICS 4-5 days ago. Last night I put in a fully charged battery before going to bed..I didn't touch the phone for nearly 11 hours.. I didn't charge the phone overnight cause I left my charger in the car. Anyway, the battery has been drained by the media process.. what can I do to check to see if phone is fully synced? Any settings I can change in Accounts? Or is this just a bug we'll have to deal with until another OTA?

Thanks

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
plugged into a car charger, using navigation, screen at 50 percent, account sync off, the phone used more power than the charger put in and ran the battery to zero! this is much worse than ginger bread.

cabrone

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
This can be the result of the charger you have (although unlikely because I assume it was not an issue on GB) or something phone related. With my last post I made the phone hot, close to 120° while charging, using Maps and that's it. Phone charged about zero percent.

Tapped

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
This can be the result of the charger you have (although unlikely because I assume it was not an issue on GB) or something phone related. With my last post I made the phone hot, close to 120? while charging, using Maps and that's it. Phone charged about zero percent.

Tapped

it's not the charger because in gingerbread i could run nav, screen 100% and have account sync on and it would charge.

tonykilo943

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Phone off last night, charged overnight...
Turned on this morning fully charged.

Just went to battery in settings:

1 h and 21 m on battery....

66%

Android OS 28%
xchange services 20%
Screen 19%
Cell standby 9%
Android System 7%
Email 6%
Messaging 4%
Phone Idle 4%
Voice Calls 3%
Keyboard 2%

this is terrible...terrible....I need help or I'm out on this phone...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane