Hi - Just wondering if the Nexus S4G ever got the face unlock. I can't seem to find it and when I google it, all I find is info about the regular Nexus S not being powerful enough. Anyone know what the deal is with it? Thanks in advance.

Rob_M
    04-10-2012 05:47 PM
    That's just it. The front facing camera is VGA quality and it's not good enough for Face Unlock. Yes, it works, but it doesn't work well enough to officially include it.
    04-10-2012 05:52 PM
    That sucks. That was one of the coolest features that I was looking forward to. Thanks for the response.

Rob_M
    04-10-2012 05:58 PM
    You can still get the app and use it.
    04-10-2012 06:07 PM
    Thanks. I'll have to look in to it.

Rob_M
    04-10-2012 06:13 PM
    I think I am going crazy - I cannot find face unlock on google market. Could someone help direct me to it?!? Thanks!
    04-11-2012 11:02 AM
    I think I am going crazy - I cannot find face unlock on google market. Could someone help direct me to it?!? Thanks!
    Try Visidon Applock, it cost $1.99 for pro version which has face unlock for phone.
    04-11-2012 02:59 PM
    There's also a free version called visidon I think.
    04-11-2012 03:35 PM
    I got the update for ics I cant find the face unlocked
    04-11-2012 03:36 PM
    I got the update for ics I cant find the face unlocked
    The posts above yours just explained why you can't find it.
    04-11-2012 03:50 PM
    Try Visidon Applock, it cost $1.99 for pro version which has face unlock for phone.
    It's beta only.

From the Visidon info guide:

About lockscreen

There seems to be lots of confusion about how well the lockscreen mode works, so here is some clarification.

The lockscreen mode is an experiment about if we can make a working secure lockscreen to Android. The fact is that the Android does not support custom lockscreens so the implementation of this mode is more or less a hack. And because of this, the performance will vary greatly between devices and firmwares. On some devices it works fairly well and on some it doesn't. We will of course improve it if we can, but it is likely that it will stay more or less imperfect until Android officially supports custom lockscreens. This mode should not be considered as the selling point for Plus version, but an additional bonus to all the other cool features in the Plus version.
    There's more, but you get the point...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    04-11-2012 03:54 PM
    It's beta only.

From the Visidon info guide:

There's more, but you get the point...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Oh I get it, I read all of it and have it installed on my phone. Don't use the face unlock for phone just was trying to help the person out with an app suggestion.
    04-11-2012 04:02 PM
    That's just it. The front facing camera is VGA quality and it's not good enough for Face Unlock. Yes, it works, but it doesn't work well enough to officially include it.
    I just upgraded my phone to the new Android version 4.04 and I am missing the "face unlock" feature on the security menu. Does anyone know what is going on? Its weird. I thought I had it earlier when I first did the upgrade but my phone ringers were not working right. So I just took out the battery and powered up again. Everything seemed to be working fine and now the "face unlock" feature is missing from the phone. any ideas/suggestions? thanks in advance!
    04-15-2012 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD